Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Search

with the 2.7 version, when i executed the YOUR_SITE.EXT/tools/search_index.php, its started a high mysql process, can you tell me what why this is, and what it is doing?

EDIT: after around 16 hours, its has not stopped the process, and the search is much improved, thanks.
    p.s why not include this as part of the default script of version 2.8? i don't see the point of having to reapply the updated 2.8 version of this search hack after.
    Last edited by budgierless; 06-29-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by budgierless View Post
    with the 2.7 version, when i executed the YOUR_SITE.EXT/tools/search_index.php, its started a high mysql process, can you tell me what why this is, and what it is doing?

EDIT: after around 16 hours, its has not stopped the process, and the search is much improved, thanks.
    p.s why not include this as part of the default script of version 2.8? i don't see the point of having to reapply the updated 2.8 version of this search hack after.
    Hi,

Is this apply to Vshare 2.8.1? and does the process stop after several hours, i am afraid this will cause server crashes, since it will used too much CPU

Regards,
    Mark

Running vhsare 2.8.1. I ran this upgrade (atachment 86) because I noticed that many words in my tags were never being found. After the upgrade the search now finds any words I had as tags (including lots of others that were in the titles). BUT I actually wanted the search to look in the description field and find words there too. But now it does not.
    How can I regain my ability for the search to look in the tags and in the descriptions.

Did some more checking. Thankfully it did not delete any of the video_keywords in my database. However it does not seem to use these to do any search either.

I still need my searches back for descriptions and for the video_keywords I have entered.

I know - I should have backed up my database first so I could just revert. yada yada
    Last edited by jayscot; 11-23-2013 at 11:48 PM.
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12