Thread: Changing Picture in address bar

Default Changing Picture in address bar

Anyone know how to change the icon in the address bar? The default is just a V and I want to change it to match my website.. anyone know the dimensions of this and where to change the code to point to it? I cant for the life of me think of the name of this i want to call it a emocicon for some reason.

It's called a Favicon:

favicon - Google Search
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

find a favicon picture you want or a gif,png,... icon you want , upload to your host

open header.tpl in /templates directory in vshare
    insert this line in before </header>
    <link href="link of the icon" rel="icon" type="image/x-icon">

Before you post behind someone with information, perhaps you should do your research.

Quote Originally Posted by tientuy View Post
    find a favicon picture you want or a gif,png,... icon you want , upload to your host
    The Favicon is an ICON image (.ico) as defined by IANA. It's mime type is image/vnd.microsoft.icon.

The ICON image is the defacto standard for a Favicon (along with a standardized naming of favicon.ico which is placed in the root of your website's directory). No HTML code is needed to make it work. Simply create your favicon.ico file (Google it if you do not know how) and replace the one in your root HTML folder with the new one. Plain and simple.

W3C introduced HTML linkage for Favicon's. The universal code for that is:

Code:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.example.com/myicon.ico">
    This code allows for you to specify and ICON image for use as a favicon. I normally do not recommend this as by doing it this way, an HTML page has to load in order for your Favicon icon to show up. Server generated messages such as 404 File Not Found errors or other non-html generated messages would not show it. It's more of a preference thing there.

Finally, W3C added in support for images other than the ICON image format (for example, GIF or JPEG images). However, support of that is not universal. Some browsers support more image formats than others. For example, Mozilla Firefox will support GIFs, JPEGs, PNGs, and even animated GIFs. Google's Chrome will support GIFs, JPEGs, PNGs, but not animated GIFs. Microsoft Internet Explorer only supports the ICON image format. It doesn't support other image types... just to name a few. So, while other image types can be supported (all of them require HTML code to support and, no, the code you listed above will not work for them), the best format to use so that all browsers will work is the ICON image format.

If you want more information, Google is your friend. So is Wikipedia. You can check out Favicon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for the history, support, and other related information on the Favicon.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

'cause i guest he is kind of newbie to coding , You did not say clearly , I am sure he can not do it with the info. in your post ( professional only )
    .. so I just want to simply the problem !!

Anyway ,thanks for the info.
    that is all I know about this . sorry

Quote Originally Posted by bplex View Post
    Before you post behind someone with information, perhaps you should do your research.

The Favicon is an ICON image (.ico) as defined by IANA. It's mime type is image/vnd.microsoft.icon.

The ICON image is the defacto standard for a Favicon (along with a standardized naming of favicon.ico which is placed in the root of your website's directory). No HTML code is needed to make it work. Simply create your favicon.ico file (Google it if you do not know how) and replace the one in your root HTML folder with the new one. Plain and simple.

W3C introduced HTML linkage for Favicon's. The universal code for that is:

Code:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.example.com/myicon.ico">
    This code allows for you to specify and ICON image for use as a favicon. I normally do not recommend this as by doing it this way, an HTML page has to load in order for your Favicon icon to show up. Server generated messages such as 404 File Not Found errors or other non-html generated messages would not show it. It's more of a preference thing there.

Finally, W3C added in support for images other than the ICON image format (for example, GIF or JPEG images). However, support of that is not universal. Some browsers support more image formats than others. For example, Mozilla Firefox will support GIFs, JPEGs, PNGs, and even animated GIFs. Google's Chrome will support GIFs, JPEGs, PNGs, but not animated GIFs. Microsoft Internet Explorer only supports the ICON image format. It doesn't support other image types... just to name a few. So, while other image types can be supported (all of them require HTML code to support and, no, the code you listed above will not work for them), the best format to use so that all browsers will work is the ICON image format.

If you want more information, Google is your friend. So is Wikipedia. You can check out Favicon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for the history, support, and other related information on the Favicon.

I dont see the favicon in my root, is it in a folder?

Quote Originally Posted by codynanney View Post
    I dont see the favicon in my root, is it in a folder?

you have to make one and upload to your host

if you can not make one : try this :
    favicon.ico Generator

otherwise , please wait for bplex help you :(