Thread: How to disable site - temporarily

Default How to disable site - temporarily

Is there a way to temporarily disable to site somehow... Make it so that I can still get on it to make changes, maybe watch some videos... etc.

I tried enabling packages, and then leave all packages set to inactive, but users still get on....

Thanks
    T

You can change name index.php for example to index_old.php and add another index.php showing that the site is offline. To reach your site point to index_old.php. This is a quick way for little works on vshare.
    Another way could be modifing the htaccess. ;)

FWI, I modified the index.php to index_old.php.... Guess what, if people have a link to even 1 video, they can get to the rest. I found that out the hard way, now my badwidth shot str8 up to over 350G in less than 10 days! Not good! Hosting company not happy....

Check the video that get high traffic, rename it in admin area. Mostly some will be hotlinking, when you change name, hotlink will break. To disable site, add "deny from all" in .htaccess. You can try blocking referal from the hot linking site.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]