Thread: Problems with background processing

Default Problems with background processing

Hi,

When I use background processing option, the video is converted but if it is more than 100mb aprox, the video is cutted, the converted video is only a part of the original. Also, the video duration is set to 0 in the DB.

Can you help me?

What's better to convert videos, mencoder or ffmpeg?

Thanks,
    Guillem

I use FFmpeg 0.6 with out any issues. Sometimes FFmpeg or mencoder may have some issues converting some videos since conversions formats and settings vary greatly. You can try a different video format ( if your video is video.avi try video2.mp4). Also what dose your conversion log and error logs say. To get an more detailed conversion log add the code below at the end of your FFmpeg code at your convert_video.php file.

**BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST**

PHP Code:
    > /home/YOUR_USERNAME/public_html/include/settings/flvid.log 2>&"; 
    Your FFmpeg code should look like this

PHP Code:
    //ffmpegflv - ffmpeg codec 11-2-10 converts to .flv
    $cmd_ffmpegflv "$config[ffmpeg] -i '$video_src' -s 320x240 -f flv -b 600k -acodec libfaac -ab 16k $video_flv > /home/YOUR_USERNAME/public_html/include/settings/flvid.log 2>&1 "
    Don't forget to change "YOUR_USERNAME" with your servers user name. The line will add the file flvid.log to your /include/settings/ folder with more video conversion details.

I hope this helps.

~zelda180~
    www.80TOONS.com

I have a heavily modified version of vShare 2.8 beta WITH my own mobile addon at 80TOONS.com . Please let me know what you think.

HOSTING WITH FULL vShare SUPPORT, my mobile addon support for vShare 2.8 & FFmpeg permanent video water marking at GIFTSnMORE.com . Thanks