Thread: What limits the rows / thumbs in index.tpl

Default What limits the rows / thumbs in index.tpl

I am working to add more thumbs (a second row to the new and recent videos) section of the new version template of vShare 2.7

The old template I have no longer works with this version and I am a bit stuck, most of mod of template is okay, but I must be missing something here.

This forum looks a little dead, unlike the old day version 2.5 thru 2.6, but hoping to get some help from old friends.

You can set the number in admin area to show how many New Videos/recently viewed videos listed in home page.

Login to admin area = > Site Settings = > Home Page Settings = > Number of New Videos:

If you set 5, it will show in one raw, set 10 to view in two raws.

Check the vshare guide for more details

vShare - VShare Admin Guide - vShare

Quote Originally Posted by buyscripts View Post
    You can set the number in admin area to show how many New Videos/recently viewed videos listed in home page.

Login to admin area = > Site Settings = > Home Page Settings = > Number of New Videos:

If you set 5, it will show in one raw, set 10 to view in two raws.

Check the vshare guide for more details

vShare - VShare Admin Guide - vShare
    Thank you buyscripts, but I tried that with no luck! :( It never changes from 5, I actually wanted two rows of 8 but, all I ever get is one row of 4 and then a single one on the second row.

Have you enabled the cache in admin area ?

If yes,Disable cache and see if it works

You can disable it in admin area

Admin -> Site Settings -> System Settings -> Cache

Quote Originally Posted by buyscripts View Post
    Have you enabled the cache in admin area ?

If yes,Disable cache and see if it works

You can disable it in admin area

Admin -> Site Settings -> System Settings -> Cache
    OMG - I feel like an idiot, how the heck did I miss that!! Thank you so very much buyscripts - you are awesome!

The amount of thumbnails that you can have on the index page is determined by the width of the content area and the width of the thumbnails themselves. You must be careful not to exceed the width of the content area or the sidebar will wind up on the bottom of the page. I think the total width of the template is 960 pixels and the sidebar is 180 pixels wide. I don't remember the width of the content area at the moment, but you can always check your style.css file and see what width is specified for that area. You could always just do the math (lol), but don't forget that there's padding and margins involved as well. You might have to play around with it a little bit to make it all fit together right. :)

In other words, if you make your thumbnails smaller, you will be able to fit more of them in a row. It's either that or make the content area wider and/or make the sidebar less wide. How many rows will depend on the amount of videos you configure in your admin area. Just keep in mind what the total width of the page is, and resize the thumbnails as needed. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Dragonetta; 03-09-2011 at 12:00 AM.

I give up.