Thread: Anybody experience this along the way -share hosting?

Exclamation Anybody experience this along the way -share hosting?

Just when my site is starting to get notice I get this from my hosting company.

"Your account has been using more than 15% CPU resources on average which is way too high for shared hosting account, Please note we allow maximum 10% resources per account.
    mysite 16.3 lsphp5:/home/mysite/public_html/view_video.php
    You will need to upgrade to VPS if it keep taking this amount of CPU.

We investigated the problem and site is simply having too many hits and heavy mysql usage while these hits are received.

Please update us with steps you will take to bring down the CPU usage."

**They're saying it has nothing to do with bandwidth usage or disk space but the heavy load on mysql that's call upon for the video. Right now I'm only getting about 2000 visitor per day. So guys, is this nomal for share hosting or its a way to force you to upgrade plans?

Thanks
    Last edited by aston; 04-27-2011 at 12:01 PM.

view_video.php use more cpu as it is most viewed page on the site. If you want to limit mysql usage on this page, you may need to remove some features like related video.

You may also try enabling cache in admin area, this cache sql results, may reduce cpu usage slightly.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Change hosting company! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ramius View Post
    Change hosting company! ;-)
    Funny thing is I just change to this company from another not to long ago. Now afraid that I'll keep running into other hiddens terms.

:)