Thread: Video quality once uploaded.

Default Video quality once uploaded.

I have a question regarding the final video quality once a clip has been uploaded. It seems to degenerate. I have an MPEG clip which is fine on my laptop but when i upload it i cant make out hardly any details clearly. Is there a setting somewhere which i can turn on to allow 100% video quality or is it just irretrievably lost during conversion?

Hi,

Video quality depends on source video. Also you can change the convert command to get better quality, this increase flv video size.

Let me know video source url.I will check it.

Thanks

Buyscripts Team
    Last edited by hostonnet; 05-09-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vshare View Post
    Hi,

Video quality depends on source video. Also you can change the convert command to get better quality, this increase flv video size.

Let me know video source url.I will check it.

Thanks

Buyscripts Team
    how do i change the convert command?

Hi,

You can change video convert command.

vshare -> include -> settings ->video_conversion.php

Thanks,
    Buyscripts Team.

Quote Originally Posted by vshare2 View Post
    Hi,

You can change video convert command.

vshare -> include -> settings ->video_conversion.php

Thanks,
    Buyscripts Team.
    PHP Code:
    <?php

$cmd_ffmpeg 
    "$config[ffmpeg] -i '$video_src' -acodec libmp3lame -ar 22050 -ab 32 -f flv $video_flv";

# For old version of mplayer
    # $cmd_mencoder = "$config[mencoder] '$video_src' -o $video_flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -srate 22050 -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames";

# For latest version of mplayer
    $cmd_mencoder "$config[mencoder] '$video_src' -o $video_flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -srate 22050 -ofps 24 -vf harddup";

$cmd_all $cmd_mencoder;

$convert_3gp $cmd_all;
    $convert_mp4 $cmd_all;
    $convert_mov $cmd_all;
    $convert_asf $cmd_all;
    $convert_mpg $cmd_all;
    $convert_avi $cmd_all;
    $convert_mpeg $cmd_all;
    $convert_wmv $cmd_all;
    $convert_rm $cmd_all;
    $convert_dat $cmd_all;
    What values do i change so that videos uploaded will be 100% same quality of the local files?

Quote Originally Posted by astro View Post
    PHP Code:
    <?php

$cmd_ffmpeg 
    "$config[ffmpeg] -i '$video_src' -acodec libmp3lame -ar 22050 -ab 32 -f flv $video_flv";

# For old version of mplayer
    # $cmd_mencoder = "$config[mencoder] '$video_src' -o $video_flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -srate 22050 -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames";

# For latest version of mplayer
    $cmd_mencoder "$config[mencoder] '$video_src' -o $video_flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -srate 22050 -ofps 24 -vf harddup";

$cmd_all $cmd_mencoder;

$convert_3gp $cmd_all;
    $convert_mp4 $cmd_all;
    $convert_mov $cmd_all;
    $convert_asf $cmd_all;
    $convert_mpg $cmd_all;
    $convert_avi $cmd_all;
    $convert_mpeg $cmd_all;
    $convert_wmv $cmd_all;
    $convert_rm $cmd_all;
    $convert_dat $cmd_all;
    What values do i change so that videos uploaded will be 100% same quality of the local files?
    I changed the vbitrate from 500 to 1500 and it seems to have improved the quality of videos uploaded afterwards, thanks for the help.

There is absolutely no way to convert a video and retain 100% of the quality. I did a post a few years back explaining the reason why this is the case. But, in a nutshell, video codecs such as MPEG, Flash, etc., are lossy formats. This means that every time you convert a video, there will be quality loss. Flash is a very poor retainer of video quality (even at high bit rates such as what you set). Most popular sites that wish to better maintain quality use H.264, which is still a lossy format, but has the ability to retain video quality much better at much smaller bit rates (which is partly the reason why H.264 is used for HD video on just about every website and even on Blu-ray discs). If you are really concerned about maintaining a quality level that is as close to the original source video as possible, you may want to consider using H.264 instead of flash.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

How do I switch flash for H.264?

I also would like to know how to set it for H.264, please.