Thread: Add remote server - not working

Default Add remote server - not working

I have tried adding a remote server for video files. The thumbs work but when i click play it says on the player "video not found" in green text in the top left corner. I have searched the forum and found an outdated topic from 2007 suggesting that a .htmaccess file might have been preventing the server from connecting, but my external server has no .htmaccess file. Does anyone know how to solve this?

My domain is xyz.com — xyz.com is coming to the internet soon
    and i want to create a video server on www.xyz2.com

Check url of the video, you can find this by checking source code of the page where you get video not found error. Once you have the url of the video, check why it is not working. This can happen if you use wrong path/url when adding remote server.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet View Post
    Check url of the video, you can find this by checking source code of the page where you get video not found error. Once you have the url of the video, check why it is not working. This can happen if you use wrong path/url when adding remote server.
    Thankyou! It works now!