Thread: flvideo

Default flvideo

Hi, i use vshare 2.7,

inside the flvideo folder every once in a while, vshare makes makes folders, for example: 4ca4238a0b

why is this, or what is it for? as most of my clips are just in the flvideo folder only,

i asking because them subfolders mess with me using the multi server function, because it cant makes these 4ca4238a0b folders, and places the clips inside them, how can i stop it from making these.

On servers there are limit how many files can be placed in a folder. Also FTP clients by default limit some 2000 files per folder.

Having too many files in a folder is difficult to manage, even directory listing take lot of time on folders with too many files.

If you are using muti server function in vshare, it will create folder and remote server and upload video to it.

To disable this, open

include/functions_upload.php

Find

$video_folder = floor($convert_vid / 1000) + 1;
    $video_folder = md5($video_folder);
    $video_folder = substr($video_folder, 1, 10);
    $video_folder = trim($video_folder);
    $video_folder .= '/';
    Replace with

$video_folder = '';
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Thanks this code info will help me big time.

but what i dont understand is that it did this on my local server and it has not been a problem for the player to find the video files, but with remote server this is a problem, any idea why you think this happens?

First check source code of video page. CTRL+U on firefox. In the player code, you get video url, Verify this URL is correct.

If url in player is correct and video is in different domain, you need to update crossdomain.xml file with URL of domain hosting video.

Cross-domain policy for Flash movies
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet View Post
    First check source code of video page. CTRL+U on firefox. In the player code, you get video url, Verify this URL is correct.

If url in player is correct and video is in different domain, you need to update crossdomain.xml file with URL of domain hosting video.

Cross-domain policy for Flash movies
    let me expand my point that im trying to make. the player can find the files ok, on local server, if the url is: http://vshare.com/1234/examplevideo.flv (this being located in /flvideo/4ca4238a0b/examplevideo.flv) but on remote server the if a 4ca4238a0b folder is made then the file cant be found, because vshare in only looking for the file in the flvideo folder only, not subfolders, so on the remote server if then move the video clip out of /flvideo/4ca4238a0b/ into /flvideo/ then its finds & plays the file. And my point is that on local vshare server it knows to look into the dynamic 4ca4238a0b folders, cos the path is set for it to do so, but the remote server dose not seem to update the path with info that it had made a 4ca4238a0b folder, so it only ever looking in flvideo.
    this is why i am thankful that you gave me the code to stop it making folders in the flvideo on the remote server, i no it should not be this way as you stated, its purpose is to help file management by not overloading one folder, but is know good to be if the path info is not dynamically update each time a folder is made, so for now the code you showed me will solve my problem, until a fix is made.

Remote server works properly, it take folders as needed. Can some something with your setup.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet View Post
    Remote server works properly, it take folders as needed. Can some something with your setup.
    im sure its dose work fine in the most case, as i dont see other members with this problem, thanks for your help anyways, i should be ok with the code you have given me thats stops it from making the subfolders in flvideo.

Hi,

If you have problem with remote server video url, open a support ticket at

BuyScripts Helpdesk

with your vshare admin and FTP login details.

we will check it.

Thanks,

Buyscripts Team.