Thread: Server and SLOW page load issue?

Default Server and SLOW page load issue?

Hi,

Can anybody please help me with a rough estimate of how much a server can handle before it starts to become slow. Currently there are about 1500 UIP with 3000 page load/ per day. I realize that it involves the script that calls upon sql server that can cause this. Sometimes it would take me 7-8 (frustrating) minutes just to access a page. Is that normal?? Currently I'm on VPS with 512 RAM + 1024 MB Burstable RAM. Oh and I'm using vshare 2.8.1.

Thank you

What you are describing sounds about right for what your VPS should be able to handle. The most basic vShare site (little to no traffic) would be fine on that type of VPS. For anything else, you will need at least 1GB minimum of dedicated RAM. For serious sites, no less than 8GB of RAM. CPU also plays a part in this as well. The biggest load is going to come from mySQL so having plenty of RAM and CPU is essential.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by bplex View Post
    What you are describing sounds about right for what your VPS should be able to handle. The most basic vShare site (little to no traffic) would be fine on that type of VPS. For anything else, you will need at least 1GB minimum of dedicated RAM. For serious sites, no less than 8GB of RAM. CPU also plays a part in this as well. The biggest load is going to come from mySQL so having plenty of RAM and CPU is essential.
    Thanks for making that clear :)

In addition, my hosting keeps stressing that the high mysql usage was by the tag queries. When too many tags are added vshare mysql query to look for tags becomes very complex ultimately slowing down the sites especially if there are large number of youtube embed videos. Currently my tag table has 217,000 entries.

So do you or anyone know if there will be a fix for this issue. I apologize if this topic has been discuss before as I couldn't find it through search.

(please don't ban me by bringing up this issue, just want to make vshare better for all of us)

Tag queries really are not the problem. Rather, it's related videos (tags play a part in that). Some of my clients and I have discovered that once you reach about 10,000 videos (local or embedded, doesn't really matter), vShare starts to break down due to the massive amount of time it takes to correlate the related videos. From one site that I manage (has about 20,000 videos), I calculated that for every video that is clicked on, you generate about 400,000 relational queries. On a powerful server, it takes about 20-30 seconds to do. The only solution that I have come up with so far is to remove the related videos code completely out of vShare (out of the functions). Eventually, I'm going to probably rewrite the code or use a different method of gathering related videos.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

The only solution that I have come up with so far is to remove the related videos code completely out of vShare (out of the functions). Eventually, I'm going to probably rewrite the code or use a different method of gathering related videos.
    Yeah, currently I have about 20,000 vids +. Please share with us once you come up with the rewrite code :cool:. Or I'll even pay for something like that.

Thank you

The only solution that I have come up with so far is to remove the related videos code completely out of vShare (out of the functions). Eventually, I'm going to probably rewrite the code or use a different method of gathering related videos.
    Regarding the related video issue. This site (custom mod?) afunnysite.com related videos seems to be shown in a different type of format. Will that make any difference in loading or is it still the same functionality? I'd appreciated any input on this.

Hi,

If you need related videos from ajax please open a support ticket at BuyScripts Helpdesk with your ftp,vshare admin login details.

Thanks

Buyscripts Team

Hello there
    its been long time i am not writing in this forum. i am still working on the site that currently running vshare 2.8.1 and had very slow page loading, if i could use your ajax related videos below the player? that sounds cool to me. could you please help?
    Nepal's Largest video community portal. share wisely at WWW.CLONEVIDEOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by clonevideos View Post
    Hello there
    its been long time i am not writing in this forum. i am still working on the site that currently running vshare 2.8.1 and had very slow page loading, if i could use your ajax related videos below the player? that sounds cool to me. could you please help?
    If you want ajax related videos, open a support ticket at BuyScripts Helpdesk

with your vShare admin and FTP login details.

Thanks,