Thread: Turn Your Vshare On and Off

Default Turn Your Vshare On and Off

Turn Your Vshare On and Off
    Whare Upgrade or MOD

time to time, you may want to turn your Vshare off to the public while you perform maintenance, update versions, etc. When you turn your Vshare off, visitors will receive a message that states that the Vshare is temporarily unavailable. Administrators will still be able to see the Vshare Site.

Note: as an administrator, you will be able to see the Vshare site as usual, even when you have turned them off to the public.

Reason For Turning Vshare Off >>> Sorry, the site is unavailable at the moment while we are testing some functionality.

We will be back soon... ADMIN

At Front Message for ADMIN >>> Alert: The Site is turned off!

for Vshare 2.8.2

i second this request!!

There is really no need for a mod to do this as you can easy do this via your .htaccess file. Simply create a subdomain on your site (say, maintenance.example.com) and use .htaccess to point to it. You can do so like this. After your "RewriteEngine on" statement, add the following:

Code:
    RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^123\.123\.123\.123$
    RewriteRule .* http://maintenance.example.com [R=302,L]
    This states that if your IP address is not 123.123.123.123, redirect to the maintenance subdomain. Be sure to replace "123" with your actual IP address.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

yes thats a start, but not good if you want to log from a remote place, a mod with a cool template and with a login to admin area button for access, and admin can control offline mode from in admin panel, that functions with a true or false config to control the redirect via .htaccess or php whatevea would work nice i think.

This feature will be available in next vShare release.

If you want it now, open a support ticket at

BuyScripts Helpdesk

with your vShare admin and FTP login details.

Thanks,

Buyscripts Team.

This is interesting, i just made a ticket for this,

Hi,

Vshare Support, Thank very much for the Update, i really Love this Features

Regards,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markevanvic View Post
    Hi,

Vshare Support, Thank very much for the Update, i really Love this Features

Regards,
    Mark
    I would like to say thanks also, in a way its weird that this feature is only been added now, but thanks for this, it is very much needed for me.