I have a dedicated server with specs below:

Number of Processor 4: Intel Atom CPU 330 - - 1.60Ghz
    2 Gigs of Ram
    1TB of HDD
    Running on Centos 5.6 i686 Standard
    Cpanel/WHM
    Apache Streaming
    100Mbps Port

The server load is always running around 25-35 when video conversion and there is around 80-100 User's Online the video and pages are loading too slow,

What will you suggest to make it run smoothly and fast, Lighttpd is not supported by Cpanel so it is not a choice for me, as well as LITESPEED (saying that video conversion wont run), will upgrading the Ram will make the server Run Smooth, I am planning to tell my host to make the RAM 8G, and changed also the processor if applicable, because there are the one who get the server for me, defends on the load i have when i am using shared hosting on there server too

Hope for your suggestions

Regards,
    Mark
    Last edited by markevanvic; 08-20-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Atom is low power CPU. You may need to get server with better CPU.

Thank you very much, by the way, i open a ticket regarding qt-faststart and AtomicParsley, please kindly read the Ticket for details

Ticket Number 543021

Regards,
    Mark

Hi,

What do you thinks is this can handle my site now, my host ask me if i want this server,

Core2Duo, 3.0 GHZ
    and 4 GIG of Ram
    Cloud Linux (is this supported by the script)

Regards,
    Mark
    Last edited by markevanvic; 08-21-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Hi,

I'm thinking of switching to dedicated and wanted to compare to yours (I'm on VPS). Did u ever switch to the Core2Duo with 4 gigs of RAM? If so, how many online users can it handle before it starts to become slow. I wish vshare script would bypass the 20,000 video mark. I want to get bigger someday..

related discussion
    Last edited by eyeonprize; 11-10-2011 at 07:34 PM.

What matters more than CPU and RAM is your HDD. Not how big it is, but how fast it is. Most online hosting providers use cheap, desktop class 7200RPM HDDs. These disks offer a ton of space but not a lot of I/O. In some cases, people will actually get better performance from properly designed cloud VPS systems (that run on SAN storage) than they would if they ran on a dedicated server. The best thing that I have been able to come up with in terms of general numbers is that a single 7200RPM desktop class HDD can handle up to 1000 simultaneous users at a time (approximately 100,000-500,000 users per month). More than that and you start to get high CPU utilization because it can't keep up with the disk I/O (resulting in really slow sites). Also, this does not take into account the OS and application overhead so your real numbers could be a lot less.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!