Anyone using APTHost? I have used them since 2008 for my vshare hosting. Two weeks ago I started having problems where my files would not convert to mp4. I had made no changes recently. Buyscripts tech looked at it and said my server needed a new install of ffmpeg and H264. APTHost said no and sent me back to checking my scripts. So I reinstalled a whole site. Still the error (after removing mp4 requirements) was that converted flv files would only be 8 or 9 seconds long.

Many tech emails later with APTHost I was finally told that my "videos are being affected by our mod_qos limitations of 5 seconds execution time and ~500MB of memory usage." Then I was told I had to use a cron task and I would get maybe 1800 seconds of execution time. Well that 5 seconds sure points to an 8 second video if you look at the logs and the fps conversion rate of about 2to1.

I tested with cron and it does work correctly for now. But it looks like they have shut down any ability for immediate processing of videos. One of my sites is a school classroom and students kindof like everything now!

After explaining the poor logic of the new settings and that I know they made the changes I am convinced that they should no longer be viewed as a viable host for vshare servers. Here is their most recent email explanation.
"The new limitations are implemented by our systems engineers a short while back to restrain the load on the server, and keep it's integrity from various scripts and tasks so it will not lower the overall experience for other users.
Even though we are still adjusting these as we go, to find a solution to fit best our customers, your script in particular is very CPU intensive and will be required to be run either via command or via a cron.
Thank you for your time and understanding. "

I am paying for a 10gig shared account. Anyone have any good suggestions?