Thread: Help Installing New Template

Default Help Installing New Template

I used the original vhsare 2.8 template and had that installed. I didn't really like the color so I downloaded one of the free vshare templates and chose the black one. Here are my steps and what went wrong, if anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

1) connect to server using filezilla
    2) delete "template" folder in public_html
    3) upload new "template" folder for the black skin
    4) went to domain.com/install/index.php
    5) got the error that template was already installed, however when I went to my website I would get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template "/home/alypticc/public_html/templates/header.tpl" on line 67 "{include file=search_box.tpl}" - Unexpected ".", expected one of: "}" , " "' in /home/alypticc/public_html/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:431 Stack trace: #0 /home/alypticc/public_html/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(2855): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error() #1 /home/alypticc/public_html/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(2920): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_syntax_error(56, '.') #2 /home/alypticc/public_html/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.php(51): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->doParse(56, '.') #3 /home/alypticc/public_html/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(82): Smarty_Internal_SmartyTemplateCompiler->doCompile('<!DOCTYPE html ...') #4 /home/alypticc in/home/alypticc/public_html/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 431

Open a support ticket with following details

1.vShare installed Folder/URL

2.FTP and controlpanel login details

3.vShare admin login details