Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 102

Thread: Upgrade vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,185

    Default Upgrade vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

    If you are using vShare 2.5, you can upgrade to vShare 2.6 If you are using older version, you must first upgrade to version 2.5

    NEW FEATURES WILL WORK ONLY ON PHP 5


    You can see vshare upgrade instructions from your version of vshare at

    http://www.buyscripts.in/vshare-release.html

    Before upgrading take a backup of your site including database.

    If you are not familiar with installing scripts or upload in BINARY mode, don't do it yourself. Paid vShare upgrade service available from [email protected] for $5. If you are using too old version, its better get paid upgrade service, so you don't have to do multiple upgrades yourself.

    Updating files and Templates

    To upgrade, download

    http://www.buyscripts.in/vshare/upgrade_2.5_to_2.6.zip

    Upgrade will overwrite existing files that have been changed from last release.

    If you made changes in templates, you need to make the changed in the modified templates. You can compare two files using WinMerge.

    Unzip and upload all files and folder to your server in BINARY mode. Overwrite existing files.

    Upgrading Database

    After all files are properly uploded, run the upgrade script by visiting the url

    http://yourdomain.extn/install/upgrade_2.5_to_2.6.php

    This will take care of database upgrade. Delete install folder after upgrade is finished.

    Setting Upload Progress Bar

    vShare 2.6 have latest version of upload progress bar, so you need to reconfigure upload progress bar.

    For more info, see

    http://docs.buyscripts.in/wiki/Enable_U ... ogress_Bar


    What is new in vShare 2.6

    http://docs.buyscripts.in/wiki/Vshare_2.6_change_log

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    394

    Default Re: Upgrade vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

    Thanks for all your hard work, Admin....

    Upgrade seems to go ok, but there's an error on my site under the tags:
    Code:
    Fatal error: insert_tags() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'HTML/TagCloud.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/otubeca/php') in /home/otubeca/public_html/include/function.php on line 1663
    ==============================
    OK Update on this. I've noticed that my last two problems that I posted were PEAR related. Turns out that my machine has PEAR installed, but none of the modules. So I simply logged in to CPanel, and under the "Software" category there's an item called Module Installers. That lets me manage PEAR modules (and Ruby, and others...). I did a search on Tag Cloud, and found HTML_TagCloud.php. Installed that module, and the problem above went away.

    Also, I noticed that in the full install of version 2.6 (NOT the upgrade) the include folder HAS all the Pear classes needed, whereas in the UPGRADE the Pear classes are not all there. Something you might want to glance at, but for me it's easy to upload all the Pear stuff from the full version.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Fatal Error after upgrading vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

    Hi,

    After upgrading i got this fatal error!


    Fatal error: Class 'video_player' not found in /home/megavide/public_html/admin/video_details.php on line 19

    Inside admin when i click on tags

    Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "admin/tags.tpl" in /home/megavide/public_html/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

    what to do?

    dave

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    394

    Default Re: Fatal Error after upgrading vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

    Quote Originally Posted by megavideos.in
    Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "admin/tags.tpl" in /home/megavide/public_html/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1095
    Hey Dave,

    Did you try re-uploading tags.tpl?

    If that doesn't work, try downloading the FULL install of Vshare 2.6 and uploading the includes\smarty folder to your installation. Might work like my issue above...

    Dave
    TheDaveShow.com

  5. #5

    Default Re: Upgrade vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

    i have upgraded, now i have lost my upload feature, i have tried everything i can find to do, i keep getting different errors every time i try to fix it,

    error 1 Config File Error: Failed to load default config file uu_default_config.pm

    Percent Complete: 0%
    Files Uploaded: 0 of 1
    Current Position: 0 / KBytes
    Elapsed time: 0
    Est Time Left: 0
    Est Speed: 0 KB/s.

    error 2
    Failed To Find Flength File

    error 3
    ERROR: Failed to mkdir "/path/tp/templates_c/: No such file or directory

    i have tried the security module for apache, i am running linex so it doesent apply.

    can someone tell me what to try next.
    host your site with www.imageleet.com, fast and friendly hosting at an affordable price.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Upgrade vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

    also having problems with sighnup, i am getting this message.
    ERROR: Unable to execute query

    INSERT INTO `friends` SET `UID`=, `FID`='5228', `friends_name`='suckmycock', `friends_type`='All|Friends', `invite_date`='2007-12-26', `friends_status`='Confirmed'
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' `FID`='5228', `friends_name`='suckmycock', `friends_type`='All|Friends', `invit' at line 1

    what is causing this and how do i fix it?
    host your site with www.imageleet.com, fast and friendly hosting at an affordable price.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,185

    Default Re: Upgrade vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

    Quote Originally Posted by mersh
    Thanks for all your hard work, Admin....

    Upgrade seems to go ok, but there's an error on my site under the tags:
    Code:
    Fatal error: insert_tags() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'HTML/TagCloud.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/otubeca/php') in /home/otubeca/public_html/include/function.php on line 1663
    ==============================
    OK Update on this. I've noticed that my last two problems that I posted were PEAR related. Turns out that my machine has PEAR installed, but none of the modules. So I simply logged in to CPanel, and under the "Software" category there's an item called Module Installers. That lets me manage PEAR modules (and Ruby, and others...). I did a search on Tag Cloud, and found HTML_TagCloud.php. Installed that module, and the problem above went away.

    Also, I noticed that in the full install of version 2.6 (NOT the upgrade) the include folder HAS all the Pear classes needed, whereas in the UPGRADE the Pear classes are not all there. Something you might want to glance at, but for me it's easy to upload all the Pear stuff from the full version.
    I checked the upgrade package, the file is there, can you check if the FTP program renamed the file ? File name is case sensitive. Nice to see you it fixed.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,185

    Default Re: Fatal Error after upgrading vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

    Quote Originally Posted by megavideos.in
    Hi,

    After upgrading i got this fatal error!

    Fatal error: Class 'video_player' not found in /home/megavide/public_html/admin/video_details.php on line 19
    Check if you have uploded the file

    include/classes/class.video_player.php



    Quote Originally Posted by megavideos.in

    Inside admin when i click on tags

    Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "admin/tags.tpl" in /home/megavide/public_html/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

    what to do?

    dave
    Check if you have uploded templates/admin/tags.tpl

    This file is available in upgrade_2.5_to_2.6.zip

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,185

    Default Re: Upgrade vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

    Quote Originally Posted by harvey
    i have upgraded, now i have lost my upload feature, i have tried everything i can find to do, i keep getting different errors every time i try to fix it,

    error 1 Config File Error: Failed to load default config file uu_default_config.pm

    Percent Complete: 0%
    Files Uploaded: 0 of 1
    Current Position: 0 / KBytes
    Elapsed time: 0
    Est Time Left: 0
    Est Speed: 0 KB/s.

    error 2
    Failed To Find Flength File

    error 3
    ERROR: Failed to mkdir "/path/tp/templates_c/: No such file or directory

    i have tried the security module for apache, i am running linex so it doesent apply.

    can someone tell me what to try next.
    You have not properly configured upload progress bar, see first post in this thread, you need to reconfigure upload progress bar. More details available at

    http://docs.buyscripts.in/wiki/Enable_U ... ogress_Bar

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,185

    Default Re: Upgrade vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

    Quote Originally Posted by harvey
    also having problems with sighnup, i am getting this message.
    ERROR: Unable to execute query

    INSERT INTO `friends` SET `UID`=, `FID`='5228', `friends_name`='suckmycock', `friends_type`='All|Friends', `invite_date`='2007-12-26', `friends_status`='Confirmed'
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' `FID`='5228', `friends_name`='suckmycock', `friends_type`='All|Friends', `invit' at line 1

    what is causing this and how do i fix it?
    Check your PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrade vShare v2.4 to vShare 2.5
    By admin in forum Announcements
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 10:56 AM
  2. Upgrade vShare 2.6 to vShare 2.7
    By admin in forum Announcements
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 05:54 PM
  3. :?: how to have a .php and .tpl for vShare
    By grynmoors in forum Template Modifications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 11:13 AM
  4. Now open phpmyadmin and run the install/vshare-upgrade-20070
    By olrac in forum Installation Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 07:48 AM
  5. Upgrade vShare v1 to v2
    By admin in forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 02:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •