Thread: website error anyone know how to fix?

Default website error anyone know how to fix?

Fatal error: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/home/broaycom/public_html/templates_c'. Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user. in /home/broaycom/public_html/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1088

this happened after I tried running the latest update and then tried to delete the update and use my backup files after update failed.

Fatal error: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/home/broaycom/public_html/templates_c'
    What the error says is program can't write to folder /home/broaycom/public_html/templates_c

Make sure you have the folder "/home/broaycom/public_html/templates_c'" present in your web site, also it is writable by PHP script (on most servers do chmod 777).

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Fatal error: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/home/broaycom/public_html/templates_c'
    What the error says is program can't write to folder /home/broaycom/public_html/templates_c

Make sure you have the folder "/home/broaycom/public_html/templates_c'" present in your web site, also it is writable by PHP script (on most servers do chmod 777).

I thought the same thing so I went to templates_c and did chmod to 777 also went to look for $compile_dir but couldn't find it in in /home/broaycom/public_html/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php
    so i did a chmod 777 to smarty.class.php and that didn't make a difference either.

I've got a programmer now trying to figure out the mess and now having him try to run the update for me if he can fix my website. If not I'll be back here with more questions later today.

If you can't fix it, PM me your FTP and vshare admin login details, i can check it.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    If you can't fix it, PM me your FTP and vshare admin login details, i can check it.
    Admin I sent you a PM is it supposed to sit in outbox like that?

Quote Originally Posted by brenea
    Admin I sent you a PM is it supposed to sit in outbox like that?
    yup..thats basically the sent items box