Thread: Newbie Question - Please Help!

Default Newbie Question - Please Help!

I am looking at trying to put together a site but I wanted to know where do you download videos from? I know about YouTube but is there anywhere else? I saw some cool sites on here with old movies and cartoon on them how do you get them?

Any help or suggestions would be great. I hope it is not a big deal to help a newbie out, I hope it is not a secretive thing.

Am I naive in thinking I just need to put 50 or so videos on and get people uploading their own videos? Please be honest, I need to know what I am getting into. :)

Thanks,
    Scrpn95

vshare support only youtube. If you have url of a video (actual video, not url of page that shows video), you can download from any site.

vshare have youtube bulk import feature, but some users have reported it is not working for them. This is due to youtube show captcha for some ip address. So there is no guarantee if works on your server.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

vShare YouTube Clone script allow you to run your own video sharing portal like YouTube.com, Metacafe, DailyMotion, Google Video, Yahoo Video and others.
    vShare video sharing community script allow users to view videos, rate videos and upload their own video to your video portal. Uploaded videos are converted to FLV format that can be playable with flash player just like Youtube.com

I hope this information would be helpful to you..