Thread: If videoswiper ceases to exist do their videos still work?

Default If videoswiper ceases to exist do their videos still work?

If I populate a site with Videoswiper videos, and for whatever reason, Videoswiper goes out of business, what happens to all the videoswiper videos on my site? I understand they are not actually copied to my website, so.... what actually would happen?

Default Re: If videoswiper ceases to exist do their videos still work?

Nothing. What videoswiper is actually doing is it is massively adding embedded videos to your site using the embedded object codes from the source site. If videoswiper fell off the map, the videos that you have added would still function as normally.

The problem with videoswiper (as it currently exists... well, at least my problem with it) is that it does not actually transfer the video file. Rather, it just copies the embed code. This creates two problems for you:

1. If the source site shuts down, your videos go along with it.
    2. If the source site deletes a video, the video no longer works on your site (you would not know that it wasn't working until you went to watch it).

On the positive side, by coping the embed codes, the video is not actually running from your site. Thus, you save tremendously on bandwidth.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by bplex
    Nothing. What videoswiper is actually doing is it is massively adding embedded videos to your site using the embedded object codes from the source site. If videoswiper fell off the map, the videos that you have added would still function as normally.
    AH ok, I see what you are saying.... sure, once the videos are embedded, videoswiper isn't even in the picture so it doesn't have to be around in order for the videos to work.

I personally don't embed any videos on my sites. With all the legal headaches Google is having about YouTube and YouTube's blatant copyright violations, it's likely that there will be changes over time. I'd hate to have my video site reliant on other video sites continuing to serve their videos up in identical fashion.... but I can see where this would be useful to quickly populate a site. I'm like you though - I prefer to have the actual videos on my site, especially because then if people embed them it's my watermark and link showing up...

Yeah I hear that. Videoswiper has it positives, but in the long run, like you said, I would much rather have the video on my own site. One of the biggest misconceptions that I have seen about it (especially on this forum) is that people think that by using it, they are obtaining the video legally. In reality, what the statement should be is that by using the embed codes from the source site, you are not violating the source site's terms of service and, thus, are not illegally stealing bandwidth from the source (as they are the ones providing the embed codes). However, it doesn't make the video's content legal. If the source site is hosting a video that is illegal and you have that same exact video embedded on your site, both of you are in violation of copyright laws. They are in violation for hosting the video illegally and you are in violation for having the illegal video embedded on your own site.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

I like having the vids reside as well, however in my case, I can't afford dedicated so I rely a lot on the niche scripts that draw from YouTube which takes no space and hardly any bandwidth.

What I like about the video swiper with vShare is that it's like having the niche video script but on steroids. You can change the title and description, people can comment on it, etc...which the niche scripts don't do (except for the niche site that videoswiper offers...but you have to use their swiped videos to use it). The other niche scripts swipe automatically, and for free, and is based on keywords that you set in the configuration.

With all the niche sites out there that draw from YouTube and other places like it...if it's showing illegal content...the owners are going to be very, very, very, very busy trying to snag everybody for copyright infringement and would basically be spinning their wheels and in my case, can't get blood from a stone.

Even if a site gets shut down, all a person has to do is create another account with another domain somewhere else and like the energizer bunny...keep going and going and going.

The only time I would ever think it would be an issue is like what happened to the college football site that fell off the planet. They were just too popular and apparently someone wasn't getting their piece of the action and (I'm guessing...) got them pulled. See more here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4086
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Hi Everyone

Jason here from VideoSwiper, just to let you all know that we are just about finished with the new application we have created as an add on VIA our new API key system for you to do server to server mass .FLV video transfers.

You will be able to use videoswiper in the same way to search for video but instead of embedding codes the actual videos will be transferred to your websites along with the meta data, title, descriptions and tags which you will still be able to edit....

Keep your eye on our forums and our blog as this is coming now in November so not long to wait.
    Mass Embedding & Server to Server Video Application
    http://www.videoswiper.com
    Vshare iPhone SmartPhone Application
    http://www.route66solutions.com/view...or-VShare.html