Thread: Embed not working on MySpace in vShare 2.6

Default Embed not working on MySpace in vShare 2.6

Hi everyone.

I have just tried embedding clips on two myspace pages and all I get is a white square where the player is with the spinning loading logo in the middle. The video never loads and the player remains a white box with the spinning logo. Embedding the same clips on other sites works perfectly.

I am using vShare 2.6 hosted on hostonnet.com and have the embed method set to 'object' not 'iframe'.

If anyone else has experienced this and found a solution, I would love to hear what you did. I am also using an external server for my flv's.

Cheers,
    Titania.
    http://www.indiemusicclips.com
    Professional strongwoman and musician

Default Re: Embed not working on MySpace in vShare 2.6

Have you tried both types of embed code - object and iframe?

Sometimes one works on some sites, while the other works on other sites. I wish the script would give end users the option of either one rather than having us pick one over the other.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Quote Originally Posted by SportsGamingTV.com
    Have you tried both types of embed code - object and iframe?

Sometimes one works on some sites, while the other works on other sites. I wish the script would give end users the option of either one rather than having us pick one over the other.
    Yep. Tried that. Neither work on MySoace. I've left it set to Object now because that works much better with most sites. The MySpace thing is a big deal to me because a fair portion of my users have MySpace pages with Youtube clips on them. Obviously, I'd rather see indiemusicclips.com videos there instead ;)

Just wondering if there's a fix for this yet? MySpace seem to change things constantly and what worked one week doesn't work the next.
    To be honest, MySpace is a pain but many of my users have MySpace pages so a fix would be appreciated.

Is there any word on this? Does anyone have a better object / embed function - more like youtube format - that has the object information and embed code all in one - with a lot less code?

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by mytakeondisney
    Is there any word on this? Does anyone have a better object / embed function - more like youtube format - that has the object information and embed code all in one - with a lot less code?

Thank You.
    I get the feeling that is most likely the cause of the code not working. MySpace does not go directly to a link. When you click on a link on a MySpace page now, they have a system where it takes you to another MySpace page first asking you if you are sure you want to go to that link.
    One thing I noticed with the vShare embed code is that it has a url to the video server as well as the domain hosting the script. When using the external server function, the two url's are different and I think it is the MySpace redirect thing that is stopping the vShare script from accessing the video server.

Another problem I foresee with this embed method is if (when) I decide to change my video server to a new host, any embedded clips will not work because the server url will not be correct any longer.

This will work on myspace.

Find this code templates/view_video.tpl

New Code
    Code:
    <textarea name="video_play" cols="45" rows="5" readonly="readOnly" onClick="javascript:document.linkForm.video_play.focus();document.linkForm.video_play.select();"><object width="425" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="{$baseurl}/player/player.swf"><param name="movie" value="{$baseurl}/player/player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="&amp;file={$file}&amp;image={$baseurl}/thumb/{$video_info.VID}.jpg&amp;width=425&amp;height=350&amp;location={$baseurl}/player/player.swf&amp;logo={$baseurl}/templates/images/watermark.gif&amp;link={$baseurl}&amp;linktarget=_blank"/></object>
    </textarea>
    Old Code
    Code:
    <INPUT NAME="video_play" value='<object width="425" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="{$baseurl}/player/player.swf"><param name="movie" value="{$baseurl}/player/player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="&file={$baseurl}/flvideo/{$vinfo[0].flvdoname}&height=350&image={$baseurl}/thumb/{$vinfo[0].VID}.jpg&width=425&location={$baseurl}/player/player.swf&logo={$baseurl}/templates/images/watermark.gif&link={$baseurl}&linktarget=_blank"/></object>' size="51" onclick=javascript:document.linkForm.video_play.focus();document.linkForm.video_play.select(); readOnly>
    [/quote]

Also check out http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Supported_Flashvars for more info about flashvars