Thread: Conversion error with Mp4 created with Movie Maker

Default Conversion error with Mp4 created with Movie Maker

Hi there. I have almost a perfect install but I find a very weird issue with mp4 videos created by Windows movie maker.

...Seems like the videos aren't being converted and they are just renamed to something.flv Look at the debug:

Code:
    Find video duration - START

/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i /home/tunel/videos/video/Final_EPPL.mp4

FFmpeg version SVN-r23607, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
      built on Jun 14 2010 16:19:36 with gcc 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-48)
      configuration: --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --disable-mmx --enable-shared
      libavutil     50.19. 0 / 50.19. 0
      libavcodec    52.76. 0 / 52.76. 0
      libavformat   52.68. 0 / 52.68. 0
      libavdevice   52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
      libavfilter    1.20. 0 /  1.20. 0
      libswscale     0.11. 0 /  0.11. 0

Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 2997.00 (2997/1) -> 29.97 (2997/100)
    Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/home/tunel/videos/video/Final_EPPL.mp4':
      Metadata:
        major_brand     : isom
        minor_version   : 512
        compatible_brands: isomiso2mp41
        encoder         : Lavf52.37.0
      Duration: 00:00:30.74, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 5802 kb/s
        Stream #0.0(eng): Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 640x360 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 5675 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 2997 tbn, 2997 tbc
        Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 123 kb/s
    At least one output file must be specified

Duration (ffmpeg): 30
    DURATION: 00:30
    It seems that the only working mp4 are the ones created using h.264 because this error doesn't happen when I convert a h.264 mp4.

I'm using default settings in video_conversion.php + the latest version of mplayer.

Need help :(

Hi,

Which vshare version are you using?

Thanks,
    Buyscripts Team

Quote Originally Posted by vshare2 View Post
    Hi,

Which vshare version are you using?

Thanks,
    Buyscripts Team
    I'm using 2.7 on a dedicated server.

Your assessment would be correct (although your debug does not provide any real information). In vShare 2.7, the script mistakenly assumes that any file that has a .mp4 extension is already in a format that is valid for flash. Thus, any file with a .mp4 extension bypasses conversion and is merely renamed and copied to your flvideo folder. The problem with this behavior, as you have stated, is that the only flash compatible videos that are apart of the MPEG-4 standard is H.264. Other MPEG-4 variants are not compatible with flash and, consequently, will not play.

You can either open a support ticket with vShare and have them remove the code that does this, which would force any .mp4 file to be converted (as it should) or, if you know PHP, you can remove the code yourself in the functions_upload.php file.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by bplex View Post
    Your assessment would be correct (although your debug does not provide any real information). In vShare 2.7, the script mistakenly assumes that any file that has a .mp4 extension is already in a format that is valid for flash. Thus, any file with a .mp4 extension bypasses conversion and is merely renamed and copied to your flvideo folder. The problem with this behavior, as you have stated, is that the only flash compatible videos that are apart of the MPEG-4 standard is H.264. Other MPEG-4 variants are not compatible with flash and, consequently, will not play.

You can either open a support ticket with vShare and have them remove the code that does this, which would force any .mp4 file to be converted (as it should) or, if you know PHP, you can remove the code yourself in the functions_upload.php file.
    I will look up the code and see if I can force the conversion. If I don't have luck I will open a ticket :)

It works! Thanks...

btw if someone have this issue...

Go to include/functions_upload.php and find:
    Code:
    if ($file_extn == 'mp4')
                {
                    $rand_flv_name = $rand_name . '.mp4';
                    $outExtn = '.mp4';
                }
    and delete or comment that, then go to:
    Code:
    if ($file_extn == 'flv' || $file_extn == 'mp4')
    and again.... Comment or delete the conditional involving mp4.

:)
    Last edited by godlike; 09-16-2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Solved!