Thread: Batching

Default Batching

I'm a bit of a noob so please bear with me,

I have been looking round the forum at batch uploading and seem to be a bit confussed.

I have been batch uploading video held on my hard drive using the import folder as per the instal instructions. I ftp my files to be converted into the folder and chmod. I then got to my ACP and create a job in multi import, this then put the files into my process que. I then go thtough and convert them. I then edit the file names and descriptions within the video section.

My question is this, is there better way to do this? I have looked at the thread about cron jobs but that seems to relate to taking video of youtube????

Is there a way i can set the titles for video and upload leave over night and they are all done?

Does the cron job thingy (not tried it yet) only work on youtube or can i use it on other sites?

Thanks for helping a noob

Chris

Default Re: Batching

LOL amazing waht a bit of reading does, ok I tried to import a video of another site but get this error. I dont have a cron job set i just tried one URL.

Can some one offer some help

Invalid Video Format. Allowed file types are : {allowed_types}

Default Re: Batching

Ok got cron job working when i import from my folder but i still get the valid error when trying to set a download job