Thread: APTHost problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am finally done with APTHost. Their sudden change in the settings and the lame excuses for the changes cost me money and a lot of time. I have finally succeeded in moving all my sites to other providers. To be fair I think the APTHost server was faster on the conversions but when they changed the php settings it would only convert about 9 seconds of video. The settings could not be changed in the Control Panel as some had suggested. On my new host I notice that I can make these changes myself in the Cpanel configs.

I have cancelled the service but will give them as much time advertising their terrible service as I did advertising their hosting when I did have a link on my sites. You have been warned. Don't sign up with them for any video sharing activity even though they advertise themselves to be such.
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)

I used to use APT Host back in around 2007 - 2008 running one of my Vshare websites, they where great since back then. I recently signed up again for their ffmpeg hosting to host on of my sites. Bad mistake, they have locked down most of the functional setting required, added a upload limit.

I could also not get vShare to work properly with APT Host, Since they got taken over they have nose-dived as a good solid reputable hosting provider. I made the mistake of paying a year in advance, I use the account now for a wordpress blog, it`s about the only things it`s good for.