Thread: Lots of problems, please help...

Default Lots of problems, please help...

I've asked some of these questions before and got no answer. YES, I have extensively searched the forums to no avail. Please someone help me. I would really like to get these issues resolved if possible. I've had the script almost a month now. Seems nobody ever responds to anything I ask and I believe they are valid issues that need to be fixed.

1. When apostrophe is used in tags, it shows up as "039". Like the tag "children's" shows up as "children039s" or not at all... and when you click the tag, you get a 404 error.

2. Using numbers in tags do not show at all "2007 Varsity Cheerleading Competion" shows as "Varsity Cheerleading Competition"...

3. A test user uploaded a video from metacafe. Why does it change the player when it's viewed? Is there a way to still use the vshare default player? Can see it here http://peepdat.com/view/36/kerala-gods-own-country/

4. Half the tags for videos are left out. For example... a video for a song called "The Way I Are" by Timbaland only shows "timbaland" and "way" as tags even though the tags I added are "timbaland the way i are". Is there a way to change this so that ALL tags are shown?

5. Is there a way to use commas as seperators instead of space for tags? On sites with alot of videos this would be very helpful to be able to search for phrases. The way it is now, if you search for "United States", you will get lots of videos that have truly unrelated tags. For example: "United Kingdom" and "States Of Confusion".

6. Embed player does not load. Saw a fix posted for this, but would really prefer if someone could tell me the exact lines of code to change in view_video.tpl please. I've made ALOT of customization and would prefer not to have to redo it after uploading the fixed file.

Edit:

Wow found two more problems...

1. Polls percentage does not update when voted on. Still at 0% even with me voting from 4 different usernames.

2. When I switched from a free service to packages enabled, then edit existing users packages, the expire date only shows years 1964-1979. Umm, isn't this 2008?

Default Re: Lots of problems, please help...

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenly
    1. When apostrophe is used in tags, it shows up as "039". Like the tag "children's" shows up as "children039s" or not at all... and when you click the tag, you get a 404 error.

2. Using numbers in tags do not show at all "2007 Varsity Cheerleading Competion" shows as "Varsity Cheerleading Competition"...
    A bug fix for these will be released shortly.

3. A test user uploaded a video from metacafe. Why does it change the player when it's viewed? Is there a way to still use the vshare default player? Can see it here http://peepdat.com/view/36/kerala-gods-own-country/
    vshare player will only use if you are uploading video from local pc, not for playing video from youtube. Hotlinking youtube video on vshare player will be againest the site TOS.

4. Half the tags for videos are left out. For example... a video for a song called "The Way I Are" by Timbaland only shows "timbaland" and "way" as tags even though the tags I added are "timbaland the way i are". Is there a way to change this so that ALL tags are shown?
    Common words are not tags.

5. Is there a way to use commas as seperators instead of space for tags? On sites with alot of videos this would be very helpful to be able to search for phrases. The way it is now, if you search for "United States", you will get lots of videos that have truly unrelated tags. For example: "United Kingdom" and "States Of Confusion".
    It is not possible now, we will try to add this in future release.

6. Embed player does not load. Saw a fix posted for this, but would really prefer if someone could tell me the exact lines of code to change in view_video.tpl please. I've made ALOT of customization and would prefer not to have to redo it after uploading the fixed file.
    Any url ?

1. Polls percentage does not update when voted on. Still at 0% even with me voting from 4 different usernames.

2. When I switched from a free service to packages enabled, then edit existing users packages, the expire date only shows years 1964-1979. Umm, isn't this 2008?
    New signups will have correct expiry date, for existing users, use extend subscription option if you are switching from free to paid.

Default Re: Lots of problems, please help...

Quote Originally Posted by admin

A bug fix for these will be released shortly.

vshare player will only use if you are uploading video from local pc, not for playing video from youtube. Hotlinking youtube video on vshare player will be againest the site TOS.

Common words are not tags.

It is not possible now, we will try to add this in future release.

Any url ?

New signups will have correct expiry date, for existing users, use extend subscription option if you are switching from free to paid.

Thank you admin. Is there a way to stop people from adding videos from other sites or should I just edit it out in upload.tpl?

Common words are not tags? Is there a way I can change this on my site or is it in one of the encoded files? YouTube, MySpace TV, Google all use common words as tags and I'd like to be able to have users find videos using any words in the title.

About the embed player... it's working on geocities http://www.geocities.com/dae769400/testvid.html but not on my blog on myspace so that's one I'll have to figure out I guess. http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =312652307

Any idea about why the polls are showing at 0%?

Also, if I want to add the lyrics to a description of a video, it strips out the carraige returns. How can I stop this?