Thread: Max Users On Site??

Default Max Users On Site??

I got this message today with on of my vshare sites:
    Could not connect: User boot7com_hoston has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

Is there a max number of people that can be on my site at one time? at the time of this message there were 70 people on the site (according to my "whos amung us" live counter".
    SPEED UP YOUR VSHARE SITE!
    Speed up your vshare site by "offloading" your images and video thumbs!
    Just visit http://offload.limbar.com for details.

Default Re: Max Users On Site??

I have been getting this same error and have not a clue what it means. I put in a support ticket at my webhost, maybe they know. If I find out I'll let you know.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Thanks!
    SPEED UP YOUR VSHARE SITE!
    Speed up your vshare site by "offloading" your images and video thumbs!
    Just visit http://offload.limbar.com for details.

That's the max amount of connections that the database allows. The server admin has to increase the amount, which most likely they will not, for it to allow more connections.

As far as I can tell, I was the only one at the site and all I did was upload a video. It happens after uploading a video...right after it reaches 100% on the upload then WHAM, get that error. I've gotten this error on at least 3 occasions.

Here is what the host had to say:

Code:
    You should be concerned about this error, it means your site is either A) leaving MySQL connections open & never closing them (thus limiting your access due to future attempts that are denied because you already have the maximum number of connections. Or B) your site is receiving a very large amount of traffic, this could become a problem if the error becomes present more often, your site could begin using more server resources and be subject to action being taken to rectify the situation.

If the error is present a lot of the time but your account is not using near what we consider to be overusage of shared server resources, we may be able to make modifications to the configuration to alleviate the error. For this you would need to send in a support ticket so they can look in to it for you and make a determination.
    Admin, where they say A) leaving MySQL connections open & never closing them (thus limiting your access due to future attempts that are denied because you already have the maximum number of connections. Is this something to do with the script?

I did notice, however, that the video was still converted and then appeared on the site like normal.

I am reposting this in the "Installations" section of the forum, rather than here in general discussion as ADMIN may not always be watching here. I need to know if the script is opening sql connections and not closing them, hence the error or if it's a server issue and which ever it is, needs to be resolved a.s.a.p. especially for me!

UPDATE: I heard back from my support ticket. They had to fix the max user connections setting on the sql. browniegirl, contact your host if the problem persists especially if it's not a bandwidth problem or what needs to be done to increase the max connections (maybe your host wants you to upgrade your account, IDK).