Thread: flvideo and video folder

Default flvideo and video folder

wich file tells the script to put all uploaded video in video folder and wich file also tells the script to put all converted video in flvideo folder ?

When you upload a video, it will be placed in video folder (orginal video), then script use ffmpeg/mencoder to convert the video to FLV. Converted video is placed in "flvideo" folder.

yes, i know all of these, but that wasnt the answer i was looking for.

Ok, im trying to have a multi-language script, im almost done.

I had to create a subdomain for the other language. I uploaded vshare to this subdomain, its working fine, now i have 2 vshare, one in english, and the other one in french. I didnt uploaded VIDEO and FLVIDEO folder cause i want, both script to use these same folders, wich are located at my server root.

So, the problem is, on my french side, when i upload a video, the scripts is looking for /fr/video and /fr/flvideo, but i dont want that, i want the script to put all uploaded videos where the english installation is. So both scripts can read the same videos.

Here is an example:

Original Script (english): http://www.worldadstv.com/index.php

French script: http://www.worldadstv.com/fr/index.php

So, to make this work, i need to know wich file tells the script to put all uploaded video in VIDEO folder and wich file also tells the script to put all converted video in FLVIDEO folder.

Also, on my french side, why do I have 2 SEARCH button ? :?

Oh, if I make this work, I will do a Spanish side also.

hmmm, ok, is it so hard to answer this question or what?

I'm only asking wich file tells the script where to put uploaded videos and where to put converted flv files..... :roll:

I believe there is probably half a day time difference between you and the admin, in addition to whatever else goes along with their daily routine. I'd give it a little more time.

My suspicion is that it's probably one of the coded files and you will need to have the admin make a fix for you, but that's just a semi-educated guess.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Hello admin, can you please tell me if the file im looking for is an encoded file so i can stop looking for this file?

Quote Originally Posted by karlmay
    hmmm, ok, is it so hard to answer this question or what?

I'm only asking wich file tells the script where to put uploaded videos and where to put converted flv files..... :roll:
    If you do two installations, it will not work with same set of videos.

As for multilanguage support, the language file can be switched. Templates, the solution is we need to move the text in template files to external language file, then use smarty variables to display the text. If this can be done, we can swicth between languages.

Modifying the templates involve some work, if this is done, switching language part can be done with out much difficult.

ok, thanks admin, i think i tried the most difficult way, now if someone can help me out with this, i will realy appreciate, im not too good in coding.

Thanks