Thread: interested in 3.0

Default interested in 3.0

Hi!

i have a old site with 2.6 on

i set up to DO NOT convert the video, just upload and create the thumbs, file video untouched...

is possible to do so with 3.0 too? How? i cannot find info about in the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by cmedia View Post
    Hi!

i have a old site with 2.6 on

i set up to DO NOT convert the video, just upload and create the thumbs, file video untouched...

is possible to do so with 3.0 too? How? i cannot find info about in the forum...
    It should work. Since this is not much tested, as most use it for converting, do a test install. If you face any problem, open a support ticket, we can fix it.

done, i open a ticket and the day after the script was edited from support and now i can upload mp4 without vshare recompress it!

thanks.

Wow! That is amazing. How do I do that? Would it just accept the file without encoding and use the ftp to send the file to a file hosting server too? Would bypassing the compression part mean that it can be hosted without ffmpeg?

Quote Originally Posted by onlinetv View Post
    Wow! That is amazing. How do I do that? Would it just accept the file without encoding and use the ftp to send the file to a file hosting server too? Would bypassing the compression part mean that it can be hosted without ffmpeg?
    This is for videos that are already in mp4/flv formats. ffmpeg still needed for creation of thumbnails.