Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got the weirdest Error Message!!!

Default Just got the weirdest Error Message!!!

ERROR: Unable to execute query

INSERT INTO `process_queue` SET
    file='aligetsaquiverfromclaw.wmv',
    title ='Claw Presents Ali with a Quiver',
    description='This was taken at the Blackberry Hollow Annual BBQ August 2007. Claw made a BEAUTIFUL quiver for Ali to commemerate Ali's induction into the Order of the Grey Goose Shaft (OGGS) in the Kingdom of An Tir.',
    keywords='grynmoors oggs ali quiver claw blackberry hollow',
    channels='15',
    type='public',
    user='deletedfor privacy',
    user_ip='xxx.xxx.xx.xxx',
    status=2

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's induction into the Order of the Grey Goose Shaft (OGGS) in the Kingdom of An T' at line 4

Is this because there's an apostrophe in the description?
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Oh no! Now my browser is asking me what I want to do with the "upload.php" file (save it or open it) when I tried to upload it again (but this time without the apostrophe in the description).

That is really bizarre. I've had apostrophe in the description before (always gave me a slash instead of the apostrophe though). I've never tried anything with private videos yet, so maybe the problem is with that part of it. Wish I could help, but man, I'm as puzzled as you are.

If you upload a different video or non-private video, do you get the same result?
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

I think this thread cursed me. I just got the exact same message.

file='file-537100035.flv',
    title ='Razorbacks Football Practice',
    description='April 2006 practice session of the Arkansas Razorbacks, featuring comments from the Razorbacks' head coach, Houston Nutt',
    keywords='arkansas razorbacks houston nutt ncaa college football hogs',
    channels='49',
    type='public',
    user='Hogman',
    user_ip='XX.XXX.XXX.XXX',
    status=2
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'head coach, Houston Nutt', keywords='arkansas razorbacks houston nutt ncaa col' at line 4
    The only difference between us is that I was able to go back and upload it by just removing the apostrophe.

It would seem that version 2.4 does not like to have an apostrophe in the comments. This isn't a problem for me personally, but I would hate to think that users run into an error like this just because they use something as common as an apostrophe.

Admin...HEEEELLPP!! :D

This was uploading to the public section (not private). If it went private, I have no clue how it did.

Anyway, I tried uploading the video a few times, about 5 or 6 times actually, with no special characters in the description or in the name, tried renaming it even and it would upload...except it wouldn't go to back to the "successful" upload page, it just crashed (in FireFox it would ask me what I wanted to do with the upload.php file...either open it or save it and in IE, it just went to the "page not found" error).

However, in the Admin panel, it showed being uploaded but was as "inactive". I was able to activate it, but the video wouldn't run. I didn't see anywhere in the Admin panel for a way to delete it from there, so I went in as the user and just deleted it.

Then I just trashed the entire video and made a new one, I think maybe it was corrupt. The newer version of it uploaded just fine.

Default Re: Just got the weirdest Error Message!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grynmoors

file='aligetsaquiverfromclaw.wmv',
    title ='Claw Presents Ali with a Quiver',
    description='This was taken at the Blackberry Hollow Annual BBQ August 2007. Claw made a BEAUTIFUL quiver for Ali to commemerate Ali's induction into the Order of the Grey Goose Shaft (OGGS) in the Kingdom of An Tir.',
    keywords='grynmoors oggs ali quiver claw blackberry hollow',
    channels='15',
    type='public',
    user='deletedfor privacy',
    user_ip='xxx.xxx.xx.xxx',
    status=2
    Have you installed BugFix available at

http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.php?t=1372

It will fix the problem.

Anyway, I tried uploading the video a few times, about 5 or 6 times actually, with no special characters in the description or in the name, tried renaming it even and it would upload...except it wouldn't go to back to the "successful" upload page, it just crashed (in FireFox it would ask me what I wanted to do with the upload.php file...either open it or save it and in IE, it just went to the "page not found" error).
    This is caused byffmpeg-php error. What is in your debug log ?

I didn't see anywhere in the Admin panel for a way to delete it from there, so I went in as the user and just deleted it.
    Click on video title, you will see details of the video. There is option to delete the video.

Default Re: Just got the weirdest Error Message!!!

Quote Originally Posted by admin

Have you installed BugFix available at

http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.php?t=1372

It will fix the problem.
    I had upgraded after that fix came out, so I assumed that it was included with the upgrade files I downloaded. Maybe not. I'll do the fix and try to upload a video with special characters in the description to see what happens.

I did notice I have a new member who shows one video, but when I go to click on it, it says no videos found, so I'm wondering if maybe this happened to them.

Update...

Installing that bug fix did not fix the problem.

file='file-636370711.flv',
    title ='NY Giants Jeremy Shockey',
    description='The New York Giants' Jeremy Shockey',
    keywords='new york giants jeremy shockey nfl football',
    channels='49',
    type='public',
    user='SportsFan',
    user_ip='XX.XXX.XXX.XXX',
    status=2
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Jeremy Shockey', keywords='new york giants jeremy shockey nfl football', cha' at line 4
    Is there something I can manually edit to correct the problem? An apostrophe is a pretty common character to type, and I imagine a lot of people would encounter this at some point. I use to have apostrophe's in the description before the last update, so it is something new that is causing this.

I did a slight revision of the upload.tpl to help get by temporarily.

Code:
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top align=right><SPAN class=label><NOBR>Description:</NOBR> </SPAN></TD>
    <TD><TEXTAREA name="video_description" rows=4 cols=50>{$smarty.request.video_description}</TEXTAREA>
    <DIV class=formFieldInfo>Do Not use apostrophe or other special characters in the video description.</DIV></TD>
    </TR>
    Hopefully that will help prevent others from encountering this problem until it gets sorted out, but it would really be a lot better to be able to track down what the source of the problem is.

if you use latest include/functions_upload.php it will work.

You can see this working by uploading a video at

http://video.bizhat.com

There is few bug fix available at

http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.php?t=1423

Just download the files and upload to your site and overwrite existing files, it will fix the problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast