Thread: Please give more functionality to individual channels

Default Please give more functionality to individual channels

Admin,
    I have run into a significant roadblock while personalizing this script, and since no one has responded to my last two questions, I'm guessing that there's no possible work around at the moment.

Basically, my problem is that I have 4 very different types of videos that will be posted on my site, so I essentially need to create 4 video sharing sites in one. I figured the best way to do this is to just make 4 channels, and then this will naturally separate the videos into different sections. However, the way the script is set up, this will leave me with significant flaws in my overall site.

The main problem I've run into is that videos within each channel cannot be sorted by Most Discussed, Top Favorites, etc... (right now, you can only sort channel videos by Most Recent and Most Viewed). This seems like an easy fix, but I can't do it without access to the php files.

Similarly, it would be nice to be able to search within a specific channel, but that's also not possible at the moment.

And finally, I would also like to be able to display the Most Recent videos from each channel on my homepage, but I don't think that's possible either.

Right now, I'm having trouble deciding what I should do. I could easily set up 4 separate vshare sites for each of my topics, but this would be extremely annoying since visitors would have to create 4 different profiles for each "site" they wanted to post on, and I would have to manage 4 separate admin pages. And it would also be impossible to search or view all the videos on the site.

So I guess I'm basically requesting that you let me know whether or not you are planning to add more power to the channels function anytime in the near future. I don't mind waiting a bit, because if I set up 4 separate "sites" now, it will be very difficult for me to reconfigure once the change is made. However, I won't wait if you guys aren't planning to make such a change anytime in the near future. So please let me know.

Sorry for the extremely long post...I just wanted to make sure my request was clear.

i would also like to see thse features if they are not too hard to implement

Oh, and also the ability to feature videos within each channel (not just on the homepage).