Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My traffic has skyrocketed... Why?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGambler
    Sweet!

An avalanche would be awsome, :D

For my site, not skiers.. LOL
    That might not be as hard to video as you might think.
    Depends if you are mates with the ski patrol :D
    Look, it's not steep till you need to stop ok !

Default Re: My traffic has skyrocketed... Why?

Hey guys,

I have been, very slowly, building my site over the past couple months.

Yesterday I noticed that I revieved a bandwith notice from my hosting provider.

I checked my AWstats and I had over 1,500 unique visitors yesterday. I usually get 80-100. When I look further I see that I have had 5,200 visits from unknown search engines this month. I also have over 5,000 keyword results for my keywords. And 72% has added me to their favorites list.
    What are you making from adsense/day?

Quote Originally Posted by jrslyrics
    Not nearly enough. :D
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

lol. Ballpark! 500 uniques with a cTR% of 5% is decent for a small video site. I'm just wondering what is the best way to monitize.

Quote Originally Posted by jrslyrics
    Hey guys,

I have been, very slowly, building my site over the past couple months.

Yesterday I noticed that I revieved a bandwith notice from my hosting provider.

I checked my AWstats and I had over 1,500 unique visitors yesterday. I usually get 80-100. When I look further I see that I have had 5,200 visits from unknown search engines this month. I also have over 5,000 keyword results for my keywords. And 72% has added me to their favorites list.
    On the day that I had such a spike in traffic I earned over $7.00 in adsense revenue.

Any other day, even with 100-500 uniques, I earn around 0-$2.00, usually. Gaining a bit more every month.

I see, not terrible. Cant quit the dayjob just just yet. I am beginning to question if adsense is the way to go on a site with ours (videoSite)

I use google as a placeholder only. They were good at one point in time, but I mostly consider them to be a joke these days. If you put up commission based affiliate programs in place of those google links, you'll earn 10-25x the money, no sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsGamingTV.com
    I use google as a placeholder only. They were good at one point in time, but I mostly consider them to be a joke these days. If you put up commission based affiliate programs in place of those google links, you'll earn 10-25x the money, no sweat.

Who would you reccomend as an affiliate program? I am currently associated with CJ.com but am not sure how well they do. I have recieved alot of clicks on another website from some of there programs but no sales or leads as of yet. Maybe it takes a while for them to be reported or something.

Who would you reccomend as an affiliate program? I am currently associated with CJ.com but am not sure how well they do. I have recieved alot of clicks on another website from some of there programs but no sales or leads as of yet. Maybe it takes a while for them to be reported or something.
    It's hard for me to say right off hand since I've never done a weather or video sharing site before. All of my other sites are gambling oriented, so on those I use individual affiliate programs for poker and sports betting web sites and the traffic converts very well. Your site will attract a certain niche of people, and your ads need to be something that appeals to that niche and provides a product or service that they will find value in. For example, if you have a site that plays music videos, you'll likely have a very young audience (mostly), and affiliate programs to sell ringtones will probably generate more sales for you.

Unfortunately, I dont know my way around your niche well enough to recommend a specific program. Start by taking note of the sites google is pulling up. Do any of them offer a program you can sign up for? Maybe do a keyword search for 'extreme weather' or 'climate change' and see if any of the sites in the results have a program that looks good to you. Since your audience is also interested in video sharing, you may look up some streaming sites like blogtv.com or jumptv.com to see if they also offer a program you can advertise. I'm not sure that they do, but you get the idea.

Wish I could be more help.

GreenGambler... sorry to interrupt. May I ask what Host site you use to stream your videos? I am in a bit of a bind, trying to find a good and relatively cheap host that supports FFmpeg. I cannot use Cirtex Hosting at present, as there is a serious problem with interconnecting servers in Asia that are creating a block to traffic to Australia. Nobody has been able to solve this issue, neither Cirtex nor my ISP here in Australia. :(

I am not able to view videos successfully from any site that is using Cirtex Hosting, which is very annoying as a lot of people are using them. I would dearly love to continue using them, as I was very happy until the blockage occurred a few days ago. I had to change hosts because of the problem.

Your videos however download very fast for me, so I'd be very interested to know who you are using as your host, and I'll check them out.

Many Thanks,
    ~snazzit :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast