Thread: Installed and perfectly working

Default Installed and perfectly working

Hi all, i write from Italy so i hope my english will be good. I just wanted to say that the installation of the script is gone perfect at the second try and works supergood, but i have a question. I got a Citrex Hosting, the good plan, but i would want to use an Italian Hosting with Unlimited Bandwith, space, superfaster (http://www.aruba.it) to upload and read the movies from. My question is: is it possible to tell to vShare to work on Citrex Hosting to convert, upload and read the movies from a different URL of another hosting service?

thank you all in advance,

Andrea

Default Re: Installed and perfectly working

vShare can't do the conversion on remote server now. We are planing to do multi server support, but we are not able to finish it yet. It will take few more release to have multi server support.

As for unlimited bandwidth, it is not real. It is part of marketing. Bandwidth is always costly. if you don't belive, ask a web host about getting a dedicated server, first you have to pay lot more than shared host, still u will not get unlimited bandwidth, most servers have a 1500 GB or 2000 GB limit. If a host really provide unlimited bandwidth, there will be a size limit in the pipe (bandwidth cap). Anyway nothing wrong in trying that :D

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    vShare can't do the conversion on remote server now. We are planing to do multi server support, but we are not able to finish it yet. It will take few more release to have multi server support.

As for unlimited bandwidth, it is not real. It is part of marketing. Bandwidth is always costly. if you don't belive, ask a web host about getting a dedicated server, first you have to pay lot more than shared host, still u will not get unlimited bandwidth, most servers have a 1500 GB or 2000 GB limit. If a host really provide unlimited bandwidth, there will be a size limit in the pipe (bandwidth cap). Anyway nothing wrong in trying that :D
    Thanks for your quick reply, and thanks to clear me that. I was asking because i have a website here in Italy that is going very very good... i have documentaries inside (FLV format 150kb/sec), and sometimes are long more than one hour and half. I have a lot of visits everyday and a lot of them watch these documentaries, and the files come down so faster that a lot of people are asking what kind of server i'm using because it goes very faster... i got no complain from the hosting company. Also in their contracts assure unlimited bandwith, so i thought, if i can't work with Cirtex good, maybe i could use the mine. I see that Citrex goes not so fast so i was wonder...

thank you!

Multi server support will be available in next 2 months, that will allow you to do this. With this, you can host FLV on remote servers, the server on which vshare runs, need all the requirements installed. Media servers need only Web and FTP access.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Multi server support will be available in next 2 months, that will allow you to do this. With this, you can host FLV on remote servers, the server on which vshare runs, need all the requirements installed. Media servers need only Web and FTP access.
    SWEET! :D

do you have italian version of script? I search for my real estate site http://www.viacasa.it/

thanhs

Paul