Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ERROR: Failed to find flength file

Default ERROR: Failed to find flength file

Hello everyone, I explain my problem. I uploading my videos, he's mark this message "Initializing Progress Bar" and a few seconds after he's mark this message "ERROR: Failed to find flength file" ... Hence vien mistake?

Sorry for my bad english :s

Default Re: ERROR: Failed to find flength file

I have use that .htaccess file replace the host default .htaccess but still doesn't work
    any help? 8)

It's a little frustrating to see that no one ever bothered to come back and answer this. I'm now having this issue myself, and was hoping to see some king of answer, and instead see a link that doesn't do much.

My host recently migrated to a new server, and I started getting this progress bar error after that. According to the documentation in the link you provided, it is because the new server is write-caching. It gave two suggested fixes:

1. Add the following to the htaccess:

Code:
    <IfModule mod_security.c>  
      # Turn off mod_security filtering.  
      SecFilterEngine Off  

# The below probably isn't needed,  
      # but better safe than sorry.  
      SecFilterScanPOST Off  
    </IfModule>
    That code was already in the htaccess, so that isn't the solution. The second suggestion was to add the following to htaccess:

Code:
    <IfModule mod_security.c>  
      SetEnvIfNoCase Content-Type \  
      "^multipart/form-data;" "MODSEC_NOPOSTBUFFERING=Do not buffer file uploads"  
    </IfModule>  

<IfModule mod_gzip.c>  
      mod_gzip_on No  
    </IfModule>
    I added that and did a test upload of a file that was just a few megabytes, and it seemed ok. But what I've learned is that any file of any size at all, even just 10mb, will not go through. It will spend like 20 minutes trying to convert, then it will take me to the signup page. If I try to log in from that page, I get some kind of uber uploader error telling me that I have an invalid session id. It really makes no sense at all.

What do I need to do to fix this problem? Please just give me a direct answer and not point me to a link that goes to a page containing a link to another page. I've already been there and it didnt get any results.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Quick update here.

I tried to remove that code from my htaccess. Ok, this time it goes through without giving me the flength error, but it still is not working.

What happens is that it takes me to the upload_success page, but it is not working right. I normally have this page refresh every 10 seconds, until the video has been converted and added to the site, at which time the refresh delivers the person to a page with a link to the video.

What is happening now is that the page just keeps refreshing, but the video is never added to the site. Eventually it will take me to the Sign Up page for some reason, and when I enter my user name and password, it takes me right back to the upload_success page. This just repeats over and over and over. Oddly enough, if the video is less than a minute long, it seems to go through, or at least it did once. But anything longer has this problem. Maybe that was just a freak accident that one went through.

The really crazy thing is that when I log into the admin panel and click All Videos, I can see the videos there. I can even watch them from there. But the duration field is blank on them, and none of them appear anywhere on the web site. There were 20 uploads today, and the only thing that appears on the site is one 57 second video.

Is there a setting I should be looking at on my end, or is this on the server side? If it is on the server side, is there anything in particular that needs to be looked at? I'm on the verge of pulling my hair out, and my wife would probably appreciate it if I got the site fixed with my hair in tact.

Heeeellllp!!

problem with http://www.sportsgamingtv.com ?

Its working fine.

The test video uploaded at

http://www.sportsgamingtv.com/view/572/test-video/

Thanks for checking, but like I said before, videos under a minute seem to be ok. The one you uploaded is 3 seconds long. Upload a normal video and tell me how it goes. I have my htaccess set to allow up to 100mb, which is standard. It always worked before this. There is a setting somewhere that is wrong. I assume it must be the server side. Any ideas what it could be?

Ok, I got this problem tracked down, so I wanted to make one last post in case anyone else is searching on this matter in the future.

On the old machine, I had PHP 4/5. On the new machine, there was only PHP5. We changed this to be PHP 4/5 like before, and now everything works perfectly.

I have no idea why this script wouldn't function the same with PHP 5 alone. All I know is that making the switch cleared everything up immediately.

Ok
    So I have the same problem. I did everything and im at the point where SportsGamingTV.com said he installed php4/php5 combo thing.
    Is there an easy way to install them both? ( php5 came installed ) Like a link to a tutorial, or has someone found an additional way to fix this?

Thanks
    Z

Scratch that... I just realized my perl still isnt working correctly.
    When I go http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/uu_upload.pl
    I dont see "ERROR: Invalid parameters"
    I see a blank page.
    I googled 2 tutorials for setting up perl on apache. And apparently didn't work. Perl is already installed on my server, just not configured.

Any know good tutorial or can explain?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast