Thread: User not able to view site after database error

Default User not able to view site after database error

As some of you may know, I was having problems with uploading getting "max_connections" error from the database. My host worked on it, increasing the max users and I had not had this problem again since then until tonight a friend of mine tried to upload a 75meg video and got the error. I put in another support ticket.

But here's the weird thing:

After getting this error, he closed his firefox browser for a minute or two.

He reopened it, and tried to upload the video again. He waited for 20 minutes while the video was uploading, he said it was like "just sitting there" so he just closed the browser. He waited a few minutes, opened his browser and now, he can't access the website, he's getting a "connection time out" error, and he's getting this with IE, Firefox and it's happening on another computer in the house. He can view all other websites, just not the one he tried to upload a video to.

The connection has timed out. The server at http://www.df2videos.com is taking too long to respond. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    Now, I am able to view the website just fine while he's getting this error.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix it?
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Default Re: User not able to view site after database error

I get this same thing. At times I can't view my site for whatever reason but everyone else can. It does not make a lot of sense. I figured it had something to do with my IP Address. But it seems as it is an entirely different issue. Now, I am also hosted with Citrex, so the problem may be on their end. However, I am on a dedicated server so i have no idea.

Anyone else experience this issue? I will say when this does happen if I refresh the page really fast the site catches and shows.

Here's something else interesting, he's not able to view any of the websites on my account. It's been over 24 hours. I put in a support ticket to find out why they blocked his IP.

And, apparently I am not the only one getting this database error, I know of 3 other users of vShare so far besides myself, having this issue! If you are getting this, please post it to the thread I started in the installation support section.

Some servers have DDoS protection. If you upload with progress bar, upload progress bar send request to server to update the progress bar with upload progress stats, if DDoS protection see many request to same file, it will consider you as an abuser and black list your IP. To verify, try disabling upload progress bar and upload a video, see if that works.

Well, it's too late aparantly he's already been banned, he can't view ANY of the websites on my account and I have several domains on it.

But, I am still waiting to hear back about whether or not the script is opening SQL database queries and not closing them, causing the "max user connection" error which is what all started this to begin with. :/

I am having the same problem.. It seems whenever I login to the admin panel my ip address becomes blacklisted and I no longer have access to the site at all. But anyone else that visits the site can view it just fine (as long as they dont log into the admin panel). If anyone knows what is going on your input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by grynmoors
    But, I am still waiting to hear back about whether or not the script is opening SQL database queries and not closing them, causing the "max user connection" error which is what all started this to begin with. :/
    On few pages there was open connections, this will be fixed on vshare 2.6. MySQL server have a setting "connect_timeout" that will close all open connection after some time. Most cpanel servers by default allow 500 connections, and an open connection will not use much resources. It seems the web host have some limits per user, that create the problem. Anyway we will make sure all connections are closed on next release.

Quote Originally Posted by hutty
    I am having the same problem.. It seems whenever I login to the admin panel my ip address becomes blacklisted and I no longer have access to the site at all. But anyone else that visits the site can view it just fine (as long as they dont log into the admin panel). If anyone knows what is going on your input would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I can't see a reason for happending this. Can you check apache error_log of your web site and see if there any error ?