Alright guys,
This has been bothering me for forever, so I finally put some time into it and figured out a workaround.

You know how the video list page for each channel has those links on top (most recent I most viewed I most discussed....), but instead of pointing to the videos for each channel, they point to the videos for the entire site? So annoying...
Well, I figured out a way to make the links unique to each channel. Unfortunately, it's super dirty and super tedious , but it does work!

Here's what you do:

First, open up the .htaccess file in the your main vshare directory.
You see where it says:
RewriteRule ^channel/(.*)/(.*)/recent/(.*) video.php?category=recent&chid=$1&page=$3
RewriteRule ^channel/(.*)/(.*)/viewed/(.*) video.php?category=viewed&chid=$1&page=$3

Now, just add in these lines after that:
RewriteRule ^channel/(.*)/(.*)/discussed/(.*) video.php?category=discussed&chid=$1&page=$3
RewriteRule ^channel/(.*)/(.*)/favorites/(.*) video.php?category=favorites&chid=$1&page=$3
RewriteRule ^channel/(.*)/(.*)/rated/(.*) video.php?category=rated&chid=$1&page=$3
RewriteRule ^channel/(.*)/(.*)/featured/(.*) video.php?category=featured&chid=$1&page=$3
RewriteRule ^channel/(.*)/(.*)/random/(.*) video.php?category=random&chid=$1&page=$3

OK, now go into templates and open up your header.tpl file and scroll all the way down till you see .
After that line, paste in this text:

{if $channel_name eq "Comedy"}
<div class="submenu">
Most Recent |
Most Viewed |
Most Discussed |
Top Favorites |
Top Rated |
Recently Featured |
Random
</div>

Then change "Comedy" to whatever your channel name is (keep the caps) and go through and replace each "5/comedy" with your channel id and name.

Unfortunately, you then have to repeat this for the each channel, except that for each additional channel, you now need to start with "elseif" instead of "if".

And once you're done with all your channels, you have to change the original line: {if $head_bottom ne ""} to "elseif".

And that's it.

Like I said, it's super dirty and tedious, but I don't see any other way. That is, unless admin wants to change the video.php file a bit to allow a function for automatically generating the channel name and id.

Hope that helps some people. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.