Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

Default Re: Upgrade vShare 2.5 to vShare 2.6

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzmo

Yes, in your purchase email there is the link to downloading the latest version.
    Thanks, Blizzmo. Unfortunately, I purchased the script a long time ago, and cannot find the purchase email on my computer. For reliability sake, I am using version 2.4

Can anyone post or send me the link to the current 'fresh install' download?

Quote Originally Posted by central1

Can anyone post or send me the link to the current 'fresh install' download?
    Send a PM to admin and he'll help you out.

Thanks again. I sent Admin a PM, but it got stuck in my outbox. Tried again with same result. Hope he reads this... :)

Disregard last post - problem resolved. THANKS

What was the solution?????
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

I created a new database, then installed the original 2.2 in a new directory, then upgraded to the next, then 2.4, then 2.5, and finally 2.6.
    A PITA to be sure, but at least it's there now. Apparently, something in my original directory or database got corrupted, and no amount of updating it would fix it.

PITA isn't a good enough term! LOL I feel for ya!!!!! But glad you got everything back up to snuff.

For everybody watching: BACK-UP BACK-UP BACK-UP

Once a site is working, that's when one would want to do a back-up and if necessary, burn it onto a disk in the event of some major hardware failure, you'll still have all your stuff! I can't stress this enough. I can't tell you how many times back-ups have saved my butt!!!
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

I am not entirely sure what is wrong after doing this upgrade.

I was on version 2.4, so I had to do a double upgrade. First I upgraded to version 2.5, and everything seemed mostly normal (other than some template tweaks being gone). Then I upgraded to version 2.6, and suddenly I have no featured videos being displayed (even though they are selected in admin) and my tags box is totally empty. Plus there was a "video of the day" I had added to my index.tpl and that is still showing, and I dont see how since the index.tpl was overwritten.

I'm totally confused.

Rename the index.tpl file and download index.tpl file form http://www.buyscripts.in/vshare/upgrade_2.5_to_2.6.zip
    and upload to your server.

I can not explain why, but that does not work. I tried renaming the old file and then uploading the new one, I tried deleting the old file and then uploading the new one, etc. Every time I get the same thing. I thought it might be a chached page so I cleared my cache - no luck. I even tried visiting the site from a computer which had never been to the site before, same result. Everything I know tells me I shouldn't be seeing it, yet I am.

Anyway, I took your suggestion again, and renamed the old file. I took a quick peek and the main body of the index page was empty. It looked promising. Then I uploaded the new file, and I was right back to where I was. Not showing the featured videos is one problem, but what really baffles me is why it is showing me my video of the day, which is not even in the code for the new video file. I swear, I have never been this confused about anything in my life.

Maybe the problem was with something I should have done a 2.5 bug fix on before taking the next step to 2.6?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast