Thread: Users Cannot Upload

Default Users Cannot Upload

Hello,

I am finding that on my version: 2.5 users cannot seem to upload. Also, I get a lot of "Convert Errors" when trying to import video files.

I have been able to upload many but not all videos. Mainly I can upload flv files, but others seem to have trouble from either user or admin panels.

The user side experience goes like this:
    1) click upload
    2) add details
    3) browse and upload video
    4) the video upload screen and progress bar looks smooth and runs fast
    5) it completes upload and says video will be ready in a few moments after processing

6) I go into admin panel and find no trace of new video uploaded by user
    7) no trace of video from user in system on admin or public side
    8) I tried again... same results of no success

I guess one of the odd elements of all this is the absence of error messages when the user is uploading video.

UPDATE
    Now that I think about it, I am wondering if this problem comes down to the conversion error I found in the admin panel. Has anyone dealt with this and know how to correc this? Thanks

Thanks for any help... and yes, I realize there is a new version, but I just got this one and have it working to a degree... just don't want to rush into upgrades until this one works at it's best, which we have not yet seen.

Default Re: Users Cannot Upload

I am getting that same thing across several installs both 2.4 and 2.5. I have not started the 2.6 yet.

Server 500 error. I can not get it to upload as a user. I can not get it to import from a dir. All 500 errors. The thing stopped working just about as they installed the new php 2.2.4 on my services. IS anyone else find that same thing? Is there a relationship here?
    Find the best video sites at OnlineTV Video Guide. Register your Vshare there today!

Quote Originally Posted by sinasylum
    Hello,

I am finding that on my version: 2.5 users cannot seem to upload. Also, I get a lot of "Convert Errors" when trying to import video files.

I have been able to upload many but not all videos. Mainly I can upload flv files, but others seem to have trouble from either user or admin panels.

which convert command is used now. Can you try with change the convert command.PM your login details we will check your problem
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Default Re:

How can I PM you if you don't allow it with your user? I noticed some changes on my site just now that I did not do, related to the uu_upload.pl. Are you somehow making those changes on my site?

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet
    Quote Originally Posted by sinasylum
    Hello,

which convert command is used now. Can you try with change the convert command.PM your login details we will check your problem

Quote Originally Posted by musictvblogger
    I am getting that same thing across several installs both 2.4 and 2.5. I have not started the 2.6 yet.

Server 500 error. I can not get it to upload as a user. I can not get it to import from a dir. All 500 errors. The thing stopped working just about as they installed the new php 2.2.4 on my services. IS anyone else find that same thing? Is there a relationship here?
    I am also having the same problem with 2.6!

500 error are due to perl not running properly, try disable upload progress bar and see if that works.

Okay, disabling it helped, now users can upload videos. Thanks!

If anyone is using apthost.com I had the same problem and got them to install perl correctly for me. They have an article in the knowledge base about it. https://support.apthost.com/index.php?_ ... icleid=624

Progress bar and uploads work for me now.

http://www.peepdat.com