Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Server Help

Default Multi-Server Help

I have version 2.6 now, and I can't find any info on how to get this thing to work with more than one server... Any documentation on this? How do I have my website one server A, but serve the vids from Server B? and when users upload, which server gets the vids?? I'm lost
    SPEED UP YOUR VSHARE SITE!
    Speed up your vshare site by "offloading" your images and video thumbs!
    Just visit http://offload.limbar.com for details.

Default Re: Multi-Server Help

I have been digging for the same info. Hopefully more will join th ethread with some answers.

To enable multi server support, just add FTP login details of your storage server.

More info is available at

http://docs.buyscripts.in/Multi_Server_Support

You need to enter

Server URL = http://www.myvideostore.com
    FTP Server IP = 120.120.120.120
    FTP Server Username = videoftp
    FTP Server Password = 123456
    FTP Server Folder Name = public_html
    We enter folder name as public_html as cpanel servers need files uploaded to public_html folder, then only files can be downloded from the url
    What if we have created an ftp account that only loads the destination folder? For example, I want to create an account that only has access to mysite.com/flv_storage/ and can not navigate to any other portion of the server. How would this effect the settings? Can I leave server folder name blank?

Also, what happens if I enter 5 different servers - does it select one at random or what?
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Thanks SportsGamingTV - I finally got it to work... I can not however get videos to play when I have the server put them in sub folders "like public_html/flv" -- but they DO work if I just use the "public_html" folder -- Now my videos play must faster during peek times. Any idea how I can move my older vids to the new server without having to do it one by one?

Example -- when you go to the vshare admin and click Process Queue - you have options to "convert again". In version 2.6, when you do that it places the flv in a new folder:
    HERE IS WHAT I SEE:
    MOVEING UPLOADED FLV: /home/mysitecom/public_html/video/Riding_tha_chair.flv => /home/mysitecom/public_html/flvideo/1201795213764543856.flv

Is there a way to make this convert again move the reconverted vid to my second server??

I have no idea. I guess I would be stuck on that convert again trick, since I keep my "video" folder deleted out. I do back it up each time before I delete it, but it would take some time to upload all of those bulky files again.

I'm still amazed that you can't have the files go to a sub folder rather than to public_html. I do not mind giving access to a sub folder, but I do not want it to have access to my root directory. If my vshare ever got hacked they would be able to screw up 30 web sites from the root.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

My vids play must faster when uploaded to the second server - however upload is a diffrent story - it seems that with every upload.. the process gets "stuck" on a blank page, instead of going to the "successful" upload page -- althought, even if I go away from the blank page - I see that My vid has uploaded, and will show up on my site. Any suggestions to avoid this? My users may not be a patient as I am.

I have read through numerous posts here, including this one but haven't found the solution to my problem so I figured I'd add my input to this thread rather than starting another one.

Basically, I have the multi server function almost working. I am able to get the script to upload flv's to an external server and can access the file on that server from my browser as suggested in the vShare online documentation. However, the video will not play from the vShare player. The play button has to be clicked twice and the second time, the player just sits there with a blank screen and the spinning logo.
    I have tried this from both the root directory and an flv directory with the same result.

I am hosted with hostonnet and have tried a number of different external servers with the same result.

I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on this.
    Professional strongwoman and musician

I had the same issue and found that when you tell the software to upload to the public_html folder, the flv files play fine. Any other folder, and you are correct -- the video will not play

Well, I am not sure if my host (hostonnet) have fixed something or not but everything is now working perfectly using any folder I want. I am currently using a Godaddy shared server for the video clips and it is plenty fast enough.
    Professional strongwoman and musician

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast