Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube Skin for vShare now available!

Default Re: YouTube Skin for vShare now available!

Where do you wrote that this theme will be resell? I still didn't see it.This is your reply for myquestion about modifications on other site ;]

Right, well I'm done trying to prove myself to you. What designer in their right mind would charge $20, or even $50 for an exclusive design? Get real.
    You got 3 days worth of work for $25.00. Enjoy it. And I'm glad I posted the theme up on vShareSkins.com, I've already made the money back I lost from you.

There are plenty of people on this forum that are happy with what they got from me. And I'm sure if they read this post, they will think the same as I am.

Like I said, I'm sorry you feel that you didn't get your money's worth, but in all reality a custom exclusive design from any professional designer would cost you
    upwards of $xxx.xx. Think about that, shop around, and you'll figure it out. Maybe you're right, I should have made it clear up front that you weren't buying the rights to the design, and that it was a non exclusive design, but I thought for the price you were getting it at, common sense should have told you that.

Anyway, you got your design, I came through and made the deal good, and I even made it ahead of the deadline, which actually wont be until Monday (I told you 4-5 days.)

And thanks for keeping my post at the top :).

Ok no problem. It's ok.
    But you make some errors in code and i must fix it ;)
    You type answers not featured_videos and that was the problem.
    But similar and related videos still don't working. I mustcheck it too.

Like I told you in the PM, The index.tpl and view_video.tpl files are the original ones from your vShare installation.
    Those are the two files that you need to look at.

The featured videos become inactive when you feature them from the admin section, you must then manually reactivate them in order for them to show.
    As far as related videos, I'm not quite sure, but my advice would be to post more videos on your site using the same username and similar tags and/or titles and see if they start showing up.

Thanks really all I can think of.

I hope that helps.

Mike

I just wanted to throw my two cents in here and say that I bought one of Mike's skins and I can not believe I got it for only $11.95. I also run a couple of arcade sites and skins like Mike's run from $50 all the way to $200. Im my opinion his skins are a steal for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by bob
    I just wanted to throw my two cents in here and say that I bought one of Mike's skins and I can not believe I got it for only $11.95. I also run a couple of arcade sites and skins like Mike's run from $50 all the way to $200. Im my opinion his skins are a steal for the price.
    Thanks, Bob. For a great sale, and your kind words.

Just FYI everyone, I haven't added any new skins to the site in a few days because I am making about 10-15 of them and I will add them all at once. Hopefully this will give you all a better selection to work with.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mhancoc7
    Quote Originally Posted by ptube
    Quote Originally Posted by bob
    Just FYI everyone, I haven't added any new skins to the site in a few days because I am making about 10-15 of them and I will add them all at once. Hopefully this will give you all a better selection to work with.
    I can't wait. I am "sitting on the fence" about getting one of these. I am reluctant to upgrade my site because I really have things working well, but I believe your skins may just convince me that it is time. :wink:

Thanks, Jereme

Thanks :) The major problem is having one skin compatible with all versions of vShare. There are so many minor differences (for example the name of the search text field for 2.6 is different then 2.4) that it's next to impossible to create one skin for all versions.

So what I'm having to do is create numerous skins for each one I make. It takes a little bit of time, but it's not impossible to do.

If anyone reads this, and would like to be notified when new skins are available, please email your request to: [email protected].
    Once I put out the new skins, I will send everyone an email letting them know, that way I don't crowd up the forums with posts about my site...lol.

Just wanted to say that I bought the Red & Black skin from vShareSkins and it is amazing. Some 2.6 compatibility issues but with Mike's help we were able to sort it all out very quickly. Mike responds FAST to questions! I also hired him to do some custom graphic work for me and he finished the job in minutes....i'm not kidding. So anyways, I have been around vshare for a long time and I recommend Mike and his company.
    -bigbuttstv

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuttsTV
    Just wanted to say that I bought the Red & Black skin from vShareSkins and it is amazing. Some 2.6 compatibility issues but with Mike's help we were able to sort it all out very quickly. Mike responds FAST to questions! I also hired him to do some custom graphic work for me and he finished the job in minutes....i'm not kidding. So anyways, I have been around vshare for a long time and I recommend Mike and his company.
    -bigbuttstv
    Thanks for your kind words! :)

Let me know if you come up with any suggestions to change the comments background colors. Right now it is just plain black and kind of runs together. Does anyone know how to change this? I checked in the tpl files and in the css and couldn't find a place to change just the comments background colors. I'd like it to be alternating gray and black or something like that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast