Thread: Email Verification not sent !

Default Email Verification not sent !

I have installed the script successfully 4 days ago , but i have encountered some bugs regarding the thumbnails for the channels they won`t change at all. And the biggest problem the script does not send a verification email to Yahoo mail accounts at all , and it send the verification email in gmail account in the spam folder. How can I fix this problem ? I have checked the email sever with the code provided in this forum (the mail.php email test ) and it works fine , mail is sent. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Default Re: Email Verification not sent !

I have the same problem, about mail verification is not a problem i dont want let user register, about image channel not canghing, i canged manually, see the number of the channel and delete and reupload a image .jpg with the same number in directory "chimg" :)

A lot of emails go to junk folders these days because of spam filters. If you want your users to get your emails, you should post somewhere on the site for them to ensure that they allow your domain name past junk/spam filters. I had do that with my ecommerce sites. I was trying to contact customers about their orders, only for me to get a notice from their email saying that I was a spammer or something and my emails were being put on hold for 72 hours or not being delivered or whatever. The only way to get ahold of them was to use my personal hotmail account. :/

That's when I decided to post about ensuring that the domain name is allowed past junk filters and I have that plastered all over the site.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Thank you for your replies , I was looking forward to hear an opinion from one of the developers of this script, they should sure know what`s going wrong. I want to use this script but it does not allow me to because no member can confirm their email. The confirmation email is not sent to Yahoo accounts at all . Still waiting for a reply.

Thanks

What is your website? I'll try logging in. I'm still wondering if your domain is being rejected by yahoo and also why it goes to junk in gmail....I'm still thinking it's a spam filter issue...but I have a yahoo account that I'd like to try using on your site.

I just tried sending myself a "EMAIL USERS" email to my yahoo account and it took a couple minutes, but eventually it ended up in the BULK (junk mail) folder.

I tried the "I lost my password" feature and it never arrived in my yahoo account. Not even in the junk folder after the spamguard was turned off. It arrived in all my other email accounts, including hotmail (where it went to the junk folder). There's something about yahoo that vShare doesn't like. I"m going to post this in the BUGS forum.

UPDATE: The email with the new password and verifcation link FINALLY came to the yahoo address, but it took several hours and ended up in the JUNK folder, so the script *is* sending mail to yahoo. It just takes a while and goes to the bulk/spam/junk folder thingie. You'll need to have your users allow your domain thru the filters. This is yahoo getting "tough on spam" :|