Thread: Modifying vShare

Default Modifying vShare

I've got my CC out, but before purchasing I want to be positive I will be able to make modifications to the vShare source in order to suit my needs. Is this source open? If not, would I be able to purchase it with complete source? This script looks perfect for my new project - very nice script with rich features - but unless I can modify it to add custom features I will have to look elsewhere.

Please let me know ASAP via this forum - PM or reply.

Thank you.

Default Re: Modifying vShare

This program is closed source. Everything is encoding using the Zend optimizer so you can't see any of the code except for a few files.

All of the templates are open and editable however.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmage
    This program is closed source. Everything is encoding using the Zend optimizer so you can't see any of the code except for a few files.

All of the templates are open and editable however.
    I was afraid that would be the case. I need to completely customize it, both the front-end and back-end to make it work with my project. Templates alone won't do the trick.

So to the creator: Would you be willing to sell a full-source copy of it for the right price? I would much rather not start this project from the ground up. Let me know via PM or here.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask this question here, and if it is, please edit it and don't respond, but can anyone point me to a script comparable to vShare that isn't closed source? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

How much can the templates be modified? Would it be possible for me to incorporate this script into my own template?

Thanks!!

Templates are completely customizable. You can move stuff around and add in your own php or java scripting.

Check my sig for examples of skins.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Beautiful. Thanks!

Does the creator of this script not read this board or his e-mail? :?