Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Offer Your OWN Toolbar for your Site and Make money !

Default Re: Offer Your OWN Toolbar for your Site and Make money !

it says 2 installs... yet no money?

Quote Originally Posted by grynmoors
    I guess, then, by your definition, that any corporation that buys overseas and resells world wide for 10 times the price are "profiteers" and should be tared and feathered. At least that's the impression I get.
    I'm talking about a concept, not a hard-fast set of rules. And they are not my rules. I believe that there is something called "karma" that comes into play. If you require your workers to put in 12 hour days in a Honduras sweatshop, and pay them fifty cents for every pair of Nike sneakers they make, then turn around and sell those same sneakers for $150 a pair, in my opinion, you are a dirtbag and the lowest form of profiteering scum.

It's a concept. Capitalism is based upon profit. It's not a bad thing. When the lust for profit makes you turn a blind eye to the well being of others, or how your actions affect others, then that's profiteering, by "my definition".

On the toolbar subject, I never download and install toolbars ever, except for the Google toolbar so I can see the relevance of my various websites. But then again, I'm seeing a trend of people who actually don't realize you can type a website address into the address bar to go to the site - people are actually going to google.com and typing the name of the website they want into the google search bar, then clicking the link from the Google results. If they don't see the site they want in the google listings they think the server is down. So although I don't install and run toolbars because I know not to, I'm not counting on others being as saavy.

IMHO if you want to make money, this toolbar is probably one way to do it, and I plan (sometime) to download it and check it out.

I understand the poster who felt that it was somewhat "off" to offer the toolbar in a way that benefitted the person offering it, but I personally have no problem with that. That's what reseller branding is about, and I don't see anything dishonest about it.

Hey, I did download and install your toolbar, seems pretty cool, innocuous enough... also like the "videos" pulldown menu that links directly to the various parts of your vshare site. What I don't see is a link where I can get one customized for myself... I'm sure it's right in front of my face, but if you could be more specific about its location I'd appreciate it.

If this is the one from conduit, I think Jereme mentioned it way back when he first came here. I remember signing up for an account and playing around with the different options and whatnot. It was a pretty cool little system. I never finished mine though because I figured no one would download it. Who knows, maybe that was a dumb decision. Now only if it had a feature to scroll sports scores without me having to manually update the information, I have half a dozen sites I could use that on.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

I'm pretty sure the toolbar pays on searches made using it.
    If you do a search with it, you'll find that the top links are all sponsored links.
    This thing is a great tool, and highly customizeable.
    The thing about it though, is that it takes a lot of work to make it 'just right', and there are a bunch of things that need constant updating to keep fresh. It can use RSS feeds, you can change/swap links to your various sites, chat, and send messages with URLs and pics.
    We're looking around to see if we can find somebody willing to maintain ours, and if we can, we'll be going full bore with it.
    http://www.asiancumtube.com Send Traffic, Make $$$
    Check the webmasters link at the bottom of the site

Oh yep, sorry, It was conduit.com and by the way, you can put the scroller on it as well, just use the correct content for the sports scores that you want from a feed instead of content.

I think I have mastered this, I have been doing installs for it for some time now.

You dont have to download it, just at least check it out before you knock it?

Mike

http://kmdsitesolutions.com

Actually, this is pretty decent... I just created one, and plan to customize and offer it on my site. If nothing else, it gives an appearance of being one of the "big boys" when you can offer a toolbar like this, I think.

Well Im glad someone finally likes it.

Mike

http://kmdsitesolutions.com

I just made mine, and I love it. It's kinda cool to have your own toolbar.
    I'm still not sure how I'll make money off it, but we'll see.

It's a toolbar I would install anyway, because I kind of like the radio, I like having links to the various channels in my video site, and I especially like having a one-button click to my site. Actually, I'm not expecting to make much money from it, but ya never know. As well, simply offering it, gives one I think, a sense that this is a larger, established website. I suspect a lot of people will check it out and then uninstall it, but it still gives that "wow" effect for the website itself.

Thanks again for calling this to our attention.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123