Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Galnet Returns!

Default Galnet Returns!

I'm back and this time I'm bringing along with me alot of new scripts and new add-ons. Whats better is that they will be priced all below $10..!

I thank all for there support and hope you will all welcome me back!

Regards,
    Galnet.
    ------------------------------------
    Make an arse of yourself:
    http://www.youtwatonline.com

Default Re: Legit vShare Add-on's - Recently Viewed and Carousel Viewer

Admin please could you make this a sticky, so that it doesn't get lost throughout the hundreds of posts!

Kindest Regards,
    Galnet

Quote Originally Posted by mhancoc7
    This whole thing has gotten way out of hand.....Now, let us all get on with things. I can't wait to see any updates you come up with.

I've made a few observations in my life.

The biggest one being don't be a nerd by giving advice when it's not asked for...but this time I feel compelled to break my own rule.

Observation One: I've learned not to judge a religion based on the people but by its teachings. One will know a hypocrite when one sees one and can discount their actions...but attacking a religion as a whole isn't right.

Observation Two: If one wants to point out a fault of another for doing something wrong, fine, point out the wrong done. There is no place for personal attacks, mud slinging and name calling as this is counter-productive and is of no benefit to anyone.

Observation Three: Saying someone is ACTING like a such-and-such is vastly different than saying that someone IS a such-and such. This little gem comes in particularly handy during domestic quarrels, I found out.

I've seen these same exact carousel scripts on other sites by other people with the identical code to youtube's. all you have to do is google "active_sharing.swf".

See my previous post in this thread (the original URL was removed by Admin) but here's the post:

To galnet: Looks like someone might be ripping off your work!

Check out this thread in another forum

LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN

and if you go to http://www.torontotube.ca/index.php and view the source code you see the SAME EXACT in the source code, only it doesn't reference your copyright notice.
    The way I found the thread was by googling active_sharing.swf or recentplayer.swf

The original URL sited the code of the "programmer" and the code as it was on youtube and it was *identical*. This SAME carousel currently comes packed with another youtube clone which is in beta, but it's there.

Same could be said for all the youtube clones out there...one programmer of one claiming his code was ripped off by the other one and visa versa. I have seen the posts in other forums and I couldn't believe what I was reading. The point being how can anyone claim *ownership*? I'm sure if we look hard enough we'll even find open source for the carousel or one just like it and I bet the carousel that comes packed with one free open source clone I know about can easily be modified to fit into vshare. The question remains...where did they get THEIR code for this carousel? I wonder.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe copyright notices don't mean anything unless it's actually registered with a copyright agency. Has anyone here actually done that? Don't answer, it's rhetorical. I'm not entirely sure how that works and I imagine there's different laws for different countries...but even if my site says "Copyright my domain.com 2008" that this doesn't mean squat unless I actually register it with a copyright agency.

Observation Four: "Don't get between a husband and wife." This means that if a couple are arguing, let them alone, they will work it out. I'm a mother-in-law and I know when to be quiet. It is not my place to make any comment what-so-ever. It' a personal matter between the 2 of them and should be kept that way.

Jeremy has made public apology and restitution. However, whether or not this is a satisfactory arrangement between the two of them is THEIR business.

I would like to see this dispute go PRIVATE since I'm too old for this sh*t and let us all get on with making awesome video sites and helping each other do so.

Grandma is now stepping off the soap box....NEXT!
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Well said, let's get on with the scripts, and help vShare grow, we don't want to fight, I have been in contact with Jereme and I've sorted matters out, the guy did help me in the past which I can not forget about.

Regards,
    Mat.

Default Re: Legit vShare Add-on's FREE - CAROUSEL AND RECENTLY VIEWED!

REMOVED!

Default Re: FREE - CAROUSEL - RECENTLY VIEWED - vSHARE SCROLLER

Thank you so mutch!!! You are my hero! Please contact me so i can link to your site!

Default Re: FREE - CAROUSEL - RECENTLY VIEWED - vSHARE SCROLLER

PLEASE READ FIRST POST...!!!

Default Re: Retired - Galnet No Longer!

OH that blows, oh well. Anybody want to share the "recently viewed"? I'm willing to trade for a skin if you want one.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by grynmoors
    Correct me if I am wrong but I believe copyright notices don't mean anything unless it's actually registered with a copyright agency.
    Actually, no. A copyright is inherent upon creation of the work. One only needs to register the copyright for proof that it is theirs, but digital time stamps usually serve this purpose as well. Even if the copyright is registered, no one is required to display the notice, it's just a deterrent.

St any rate, I've seen this plug in being pimped elsewhere since before I even knew about vshare. I even remember reading about someone at YT being fired over the ordeal. I had just assumed that the copy here was the same as the mod being sold for Clpshre, since the scripts are so similar. I just assumed someone grabbed it and posted it over here, but I was never certain, just an assumption. Even if not, I cant pretend to believe the code was engineered from scratch.

Anyway, I missed the whole turmoil and argument, since I stay out of that thread. I only catch this tail end of it, which is no different than any other grandiose departure I have seen on 100 other forums. Odds are even money that it's just the emotion of the moment, and everything will be back to normal in no time.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast