Thread: Videos not playing

Default Videos not playing

I have one vShare site where the videos are not playing and both I and tech support can't figure out why this would be happening. I have other vShare sites on the same account, they all work just fine, it's just the one site where they won't play.

The site was already established and working on previous host installations.

I can upload new videos and they convert.

They just won't play. Any ideas?
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Default Re: Videos not playing

If the video is there it should play. I dont think it needs fmpeg it needs mplayer. Do you have it and is it in the right place;.

I have a lot of trouble with the host right now. They cut sites off for hours for no reason.
    Find the best video sites at OnlineTV Video Guide. Register your Vshare there today!

The stuff must be there because I have add-on domains on my account, all the vshare sites I have are add-ons and they work perfectly except for this one site, that's why I'm stumped. I'm going to try re-uploading the entire site (and do it in binary), triple check the permissions on the folders and all that and then see what happens.

@musictvblogger: Are you talking about infrenion or someone else? So far I have not gotten a single outage notice from my website monitoring service.

You are not going to believe this....it was the .htaccess in the flvideos directory that I have in there to prevent hotlinking. GAWD!!!!!!!!

I took it out till I can figure out where it went wrong. For now, everything is working beautifully.

On one of my sites, I have an anti-hotlinking .htaccess, and to allow certain sites to hotlink, I use this:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteOptions inherit
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^IPADDRESS/.*$ [NC]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.whateversite.com/.*$ [NC]

You may need only the last line, or you may need the whole thing, but give it a whack, as it certainly can't hurt.
    .htaccess is one of the most mysterious things I've ever used. So many cryptic functions. :mrgreen:
    http://www.asiancumtube.com Send Traffic, Make $$$
    Check the webmasters link at the bottom of the site

Yeah, it was weird, cos I didn't have this issue with what I had in there before or on other vShare sites, it's just freaking weird.

I love google. I renamed the .htaccess until I could get a different bit of code. It took me less than 30 seconds to get the code again by searching, I just copied and pasted (change it to suit my site of course) this and then no problems. I didn't take time to compare what was in the old one with this new one, but I didn't notice anything different so IDK. What this one does is displays your site logo instead of the video they expected. I know it works, cos I found someone trying to hotlink, went to the site and there was my logo...nice and huge too (since they were using the same size as the player size LOL). Nothing like free advertising!

Code:
    RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$

RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www\.)?yourwebsite.com(/)?.*$ [NC]

RewriteRule \.(gif|jpe?g|png|bmp|flv)$ templates/images/logo.jpg [L,NC]