Thread: Landing Page After Log In

Default Landing Page After Log In

This probably isn't a template modification as much as it is a functional modification, but I wasnt sure where else to post it.

Right now people can view videos on my site without being a member, but they have to be logged in if they want to rate a video, leave a comment, etc.

With that in mind, imagine someone is watching a video without being logged in. The decide they want to leave a comment, so they click the Log In link at the top of the screen and are taken to the log in page. The problem is that once they log in, they are taken to the main page of the site, which means that they will have to search (possibly without success) for the video they wanted to comment on.

What I am wondering is if there is a way to code this so that after they enter their user name and password, they are taken back to the same video they were watching when they clicked the link that says log in. I suppose an ajax log in that doesnt exit the page would be the best route, but that would require another vshare upgrade to get working. Is there something I can do with my current version (2.6) to make this happen?
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Default Re: Landing Page After Log In

I strongly recommend this request.

Thanks Ataimoor. Hopefully this will be included in the future. I have tried to see if I could spot a way to just edit the existing files to accomplish this, but I suspect that the area that would need to be edited is in one of the files that are encoded.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Yeah, I have been practically screaming for this...I posted it in the feature request. I tried .htaccess and all kinds of things. Search the forums for my findings.

Here's a few threads where I posted

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3031
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3373
    viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3043
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!