Thread: Anyone Know How To Make a Facebook App?

Default Anyone Know How To Make a Facebook App?

So I just enabled conduit's toolbar on my site, and it got me excited about adding other widgets and stuff for my site.

Top on my list of things I'd like to have is a facebook app.
    Nothing too crazy...just a simple script that allows facebook users to show my videos (recent, popular, etc.) on their facebook page.
    I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that a lot of people would be interested in that (and willing to pay some $$).
    I believe you can also monetize your apps on facebook, which I'm told can be fairly profitable.

Anyone have any experience making facebook apps or know any companies that make them for cheap.

I'm also looking for a good widget with the same principle, but showing my videos on people's websites instead of on facebook.
    I'm guessing that's another thing people would be interested in.

Jereme? Galnet? Anyone???

Default Re: Anyone Know How To Make a Facebook App?

Can't you use the embed code to put the videos on facebook?

Default Re: Anyone Know How To Make a Facebook App?

You can, but I'd like a more intricate application that would have the potential of becoming a popular application on Facebook.

Actually, I've been looking into this a bit, and it turns out it's really easy to make a facebook app from a widget. Therefore, the hard part is making the widget. I'm currently shopping around for a programmer to make a cool widget...something that people could embed on their websites that would just show one full player and then a few thumbs underneath that represent the last few videos uploaded to the site...and maybe the option to view thumbs by most viewed and highest rated as well.

If anyone has any flash skills and think they could make this (for a fee of course), let me know. Otherwise, I'll let you guys know if I ever find anyone to program it for me...after all, once I have mine, I'm sure it would be very easily configurable for everyone else's site.