Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 questions. Mainly installation.

Default 2 questions. Mainly installation.

I run a pay site and want to add vshare as a bonus section for my members, but I need to install it inside of my members directory. Can I just create a new directory called videos inside of my members protected area and install to that directory? (http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/members/videos ???

Also I am looking for someone that can design my vshare to match my site more. Naturally I would pay. Please contact me with prices and ideas.

Thanx,
    Kris

Default Re: 2 questions. Mainly installation.

Yes, you can install it inside any directory you wish. The challenge you may face is with the log in. Members will need to also log into vshare to comment on videos, rate them, etc. This means they will have two log ins - one user name/pass to log into your members area, and one to log into vshare. That is, unless you are able to build a bridge that will connect the two with the same user/pass. Hopefully that makes sense and you can understand what I'm saying.

As for templates, I would suggest that you ask grynmoors about it.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Thank you very much for the advice. I'm not worried about them having to login twice. It's a voyeur site and all they will be interested in is looking at the videos. Now if I could just get vshare working right. I'd be all set. My host says that they have all the required stuff installed and they use PHPmotion, so I don't understand why vshare won't work. So I am going to have these guys install it next week and see if they can get it working. It's a nice script and for the price, it's worth having them install it for me.

I was very impressed with what you can do with this script. I looked at one religious site that was absolutely awesome what he did with his design. I would love something like that done to mine. So I am looking for someone that can do design that is similar to that site.

Thanx a lot,
    Kris

look at this site

www.duttyclips.com

I think this guy is still redesigning his site...but it is kinda cool

ey. That's pretty cool. Thanx for th link. His videos are quite jerky though. But the design looks awesome!

what do u mean jerky? how do they look on your screen?

The videos keep hesitating (like stopping and then starting). It is probably my connection even though I've seen other sites that the videos were nice and smooth. Why, is this your site?

yip...

:)

i dunno, ive never had a buffering problem...i tried it from a few pc's at really low bandwidth too...

another thing, the vids on there are quite lengthy too soo, that may add to your issue

ps..the only way to hear the truth about your site, is for it NOT to be YOUR site ;)

It still looks awesome. I wish you could help with mine. I am so frustrated because I can't even get my admin pages to show up. :x I tried re-installing it and everything. These people that do the installs won't answer my email. When they did, all they kept trying to do is refer me to a different host. What's up with that... I love the script. but don't know what else to do. :(

who is doing your hosting?

I would reccomend for Vshare that you do not have hosting that isnt specifically ffmpeg hosting....

shared hosting is not good as well since you know your site will grow...and you need alot of bandwidth and space.

id say go and checkout hostonnet they are collaborating with the ones who made this script. it is a quick process really to get it started. They will even install it for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast