Thread: Comment Box for new page

Default Comment Box for new page

Hey
    I created an additional page for me site. I want users to be able to comment on the content on that page just like on the video page? I can't seem to find anything on the forum on how to do this. I tried to copy the comment code from the video page but that doesn't work.

Default Re: Comment Box for new page

what i would do, is copy the whole view_video.tpl and delete the parts i dont need, then add the content but leave the comments intack,

but make sure you are calling the currect javascripts.

I tried that and it didn't work. I can see most of the elements but there is mssing links and images. I think it might have something to do with php. I don't think the "add pages" feature can create php to make the pages function properly.

There's a way to create php pages, please search the forums for "php include" and keywords along that line. You probably have to create a .php page outside of the admin control panel's "add page" feature in order to use the php functions...so search the forums and let us know what you come up with. :D
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

how would you get the design of you site, doing a page outside admin panel?

I did a search on the forum and I found a half solution:
    Create a .php page and call it whatever you want like "links.php" and put this in it:

Code:
    <?php
    session_start();
    include("include/config.php");
    include("include/function.php");
    STemplate::display('header.tpl');
    ?>

YOUR SITE CONTENT HERE BLAH BLAH BLAH

<?php
    STemplate::display('footer.tpl');
    ?>
    [/quote]

This creates a php page that contains the header and footer but it still doesn't make the page function properly. I even tried to paste code from another page (ex. view_video.tpl code). I can see the comment box but it doesn't work.

My guess is that the comments box is directly related to the content on the view_video page, ie: the video ID

You might try searching the 'net for a similar script that you can insert into the extra page you want to create, unless the comments box is for something specific and I think the comments boxes in vShare relies on the ID of the video/user that the comment is being made about. There was something posted previously about how to get a person's profile pic to appear on the view_video page. Try that thread as well.

If the comment box you want to use is not related to a specific thing like the video or the user, try searching the 'net for a freebie javascript that will do the same thing.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!