Thread: godaddy requires a CGI folder not cgi-bin..HELP PLZ

Default godaddy requires a CGI folder not cgi-bin..HELP PLZ

i have a virtual private server with godaddy and i have been trying endlessly to enable the upload progress bar but with no luck..until i read in the godaddy help guide this part:

CGI binaries must end in .cgi or .pl and must be in the /cgi directory for you to use. You cannot use /cgi-bin/ with our hosting system

i need to know which files i need to change to edit cgi-bin to cgi ... please help me out!

thanks

Default Re: godaddy requires a CGI folder not cgi-bin..HELP PLZ

any help anyone???

nope..still no luck...can any1 else please help?

If you are hosting with Godaddy, and you don't have a dedicated server, you can't run this program because you can't install the pre-requisite programs (ffmpeg mencoder/mplayer flvtool2 ruby etc).

Godaddy in my opinion is a scourge. I think they are a pimple on the asshole of the internet with the lowest possible standard of quality, while selling lots of crap that you don't need at all. Meanwhile, their support sucks in my experience and you can't use their hosting packages for ffmpeg sites. Just my opinion. Your experience may differ. Pigs may shit gold one day too.

you are quite right..i almost cancelled my account with them and i asked for a refund but even that was too hard and didnt go smooth so i thought of continuing my experience with them in hosting...but to say the truth i think they are the best domain name registrars on the net! they suck only when it comes to other services including hosting accounts or email accounts...i am still looking for help though

Quote Originally Posted by witchdoctor
    ...but to say the truth i think they are the best domain name registrars on the net!

Even there, in my opinion, they suck like the vacuum in the deepest reaches of space.

<soapbox>
    With Godaddy, if you are 15 days over on paying for a domain, they jack the price up to $90 or so.

EVERY other registrar I've used gives you 30 days "grace period" to renew your domains. Godaddy lets you have 30 days too, but 15 of them cost you ten times the price.

I know I'm beating around the bush, but I think Godaddy sucks in every way conceivable. In my opinion Bob Parsons (the guy who steers the ship) is a dirty old pervert who likes everything fast and cheap, forget about ethics, service and long-term reliablity. He's more enamoured with his little racing bimbo Danica than he is with providing good customer service IN MY OPINION. Your experience may differ.
    </soapbox>

For LOWER PRICED Domains and real reliablity, try netfirms.com - I switched my virtual server sites from Godaddy (don't even ASK what a pain in the ass Godaddy was to actually have my CUSTOMERS relying on their idiots in their Customer Abuse department) to Netfirms.com, no problems since. All my domains are going to them as they expire. I do not have stock in the company :) but I swear they are the best virtual host I've ever had. For my dedicated server (which netfirms doesn't offer - yet) I use a rock-solid Canadian company called canadianwebhosting.com - THAT is the way to go if you want to run Vshare sites.

no help yet?!!! :(