Thread: Two Initial minor problems

Default Two Initial minor problems

Hi, i just managed to setup vshare script but i have two minor problems.

First is that i need to go to mydomain.com/vshare to go to my site. This is because i just copied the whole folder vshare inside my sitename's folder.
    I think i should have uploaded the contents of the vshare folder.

Please tell me how to correct it. I want to access my site at just mydomain.com and not by mydomain.com/vshare

I need to go to mydomain.com/vshare/admin to go to the admin space. Please help regarding this.

Initially i only want to test embedded videos on my site. I dont want any uploads initially on my site.
    I just embedded a video using Add flv/embed option (i added the embed code and everything else but not the image). But even after like 15 minutes i cant see it in my site or in channel. Please solve this problem too...

Thanks a lot in advance..

Edited:
    Also i want to tell you that the video shows up well when i click "All videos". Its the only video. And i dont have the special things like FFmpeg, Mplayer + Mencoder, Flvtool2, Libogg + Libvorbis, LAME MP3 Encoder and Zend Optimizer installed.

Default Re: Two Initial minor problems

Second problem solved.

please help me out with the first one..
    Thanks..

Another problem:

For the embedded video, the thumnails arenot available. Which module i have to install or what could be the error? I uploaded one picture from my computer for the embedded video but it doesnt show up. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by jackyjacky
    I dont have the special things like FFmpeg, Mplayer + Mencoder, Flvtool2, Libogg + Libvorbis, LAME MP3 Encoder and Zend Optimizer installed.
    Those are not "special things", those are absolute requirements of the vshare script. If you don't have those installed, this script does not work, end of story.

To solve your first problem, yeah, if you want your script to work at yoursite.com/ instead of yoursite.com/vshare, then install the files into your root folder and forget about creating a vshare folder, then run the install from there.

But don't waste your time if you don't have the pre-requisite programs installed first!

Assuming that your problems haven't been corrected yet .... Don't you ever read super duper outrageously important stuff like this before starting with something like your very own video portal? http://www.vshare.in/requirements.html

You can run vShare in one of three ways, either as a top level domain such as jackyjacky.com which is only possible if you actually own such a domain name, or as an added folder to a domain, similar perhaps to jackyjacky.com/myvshare/, or if you like, also as a subdomain of an existing domain, similar to myvshare.jackyjacky.com perhaps? If you don't own your own domain name that's already running on a server, then you don't have a choice other than option two (as far as I know).

Before you upload anything, you should first be sure that you're able to meet all of the REQUIREMENTS (see above link) in order to run the video script. They're called requirements because that is indeed what's required in order for vshare to work correctly. If you don't meet these requirements, make a new post on this forum, perhaps offering a little payment might help, for someone to install these requirements on your server for you BEFORE you even think about installing this script. You can have the script installed for a fee by vshare too if I'm not mistaken. If you don't have your own server, write to your hosting company and provide them with the above link ... while asking them if the server is compliant, and if not, what would it take to get the server compliant for the vShare script. Your hosting company might even do it for free ...

Finally, once you've ensured 100% compliancy for vShare, only then should you unzip the zip file on your hard disk, followed by reading through some of the installation section, followed by creating a folder for vshare on the server (described earlier), followed by transferring all of the vShare files in BINARY mode to the new folder that you just created. That new folder will then become the entrance point of your video portal, i.e. if your folders name is myvshare then your entrance point might look similar to this: www.whateverdomain.com/myvshare/
    Hope this helps at least a little ....
    EinfachClicken - Family friendly, Fast, Fun, Informative
    Videoportal: http://www.meineclipshow.einfachclicken.de/
    Freebie Flashgames: http://www.megaspass.einfachclicken.de/
    GERMAN HOMEPAGE - http://www.einfachclicken.de/ TONS of FREE STUFF in over 40.000 files.