Thread: Get better results from Digg.com

Default Get better results from Digg.com

Ok so I read a few other topics regarding digg.com and I think they were pretty lame so here is one that will help you out.

First:
    Visit http://digg.com/tools/integrate Click on the 3. Custom Submission-Only Button link and you will be navigated to the bottom of that page with instructions to help you get better and easier submissions.

The below instructions will help you.

Second:
    Open templates/view_video.tpl

Third:
    Go to line 38 (or whereabouts) and replace it with
    Code:
    http://digg.com/submit?url={$baseurl}/view/{$video_info.VID}/{$video_info.seo_name}/&title={$video_info.title}&bodytext={$video_info.description}&media=video&topic=TOPIC
    NOTE:replace &topic=TOPIC with the appropriate topic used for digg submission. Reference http://digg.com/tools/integrate#topics if you are having problems with the topic.

Forth:
    Now open templates/header.tpl

Fifth:
    Go to about line 7-8 within the <head></head> tags and paste the following
    Code:
    <link rel="image_src" href="{$tmburl}/1_{$smarty.request.id}.jpg" />
    <meta name="medium" content="video" />
    The meta tag tells digg the type of content your users are digging. (This is already specified in the url but I added it anyway for good measure, so this is optional)
    The link tag is submitting the first thumbnail captured for your video. (Note: Digg.com uses only about 80x80)

Now test our changes. If you are a n00b, sign up for Digg.com. Then click on the Digg Icon under your video and digg will do the rest. You just have to confirm.

I hope that helps!

Default Re: Get better results from Digg.com

Digg traffic is mostly garbage, in my opinion. I have made the front page a few times, on two different sites. In both instances it crashed by site very quickly. However, the traffic was pretty much completely unresponsive to ads. I got like one click per every 10,000 visitors, so basically they crashed my site and burned my bandwidth for nothing.

Maybe if you have an apple fanboy site selling ipod assessories, you may do better, but for the most part, digg is garbage. Maybe if you are running CPM ads and can make the front page consistently, you may like digg traffic, but for most people they are a waste of time.
    This user was formerly known as SportsGamingTv.com

Sports Gaming Tv | Global Gaming News

Default Re: Get better results from Digg.com

Quote Originally Posted by SittingOut
    Digg traffic is mostly garbage, in my opinion. I have made the front page a few times, on two different sites. In both instances it crashed by site very quickly. However, the traffic was pretty much completely unresponsive to ads. I got like one click per every 10,000 visitors, so basically they crashed my site and burned my bandwidth for nothing.

Maybe if you have an apple fanboy site selling ipod assessories, you may do better, but for the most part, digg is garbage. Maybe if you are running CPM ads and can make the front page consistently, you may like digg traffic, but for most people they are a waste of time.
    Are you seriously that ignorant? Do you know anything about SEO or even web development?

If you are having trouble with your click thrus, that isn't the referring site's fault; that's your fault. Get better ads or just place them in better locations. Also, if you think making money off a website is all about the CTR you have a lot of learning to do; 1998 was over a LONG time ago. Welcome to web 2.0.

Obviously you know nothing about internet marketing and you should be embarrassed of your previous reply. Digg.com sends me outstanding traffic and lots of it. The entire goal of SEO is to increase your search results within search engines. How is that done you are probably asking? Inbound links from high traffic relevant websites with a good page rank such as Digg.com. Google (you have heard of Google right?) will look at your page and say 'Wow, the same people who good to digg.com enjoy this site as well' resulting in an increase within their index.

So Mr. SittingOut, I suggest you sit THIS one out and read a couple books on internet marketing or SEO. And please don't reply with your previous nonsense only to expose your completely ignorance in this matter even more. Do your research first.