Thread: Multi Server Support need php 5.0 ??? + other info

Default Multi Server Support need php 5.0 ??? + other info

Hello,

i use vshare 2.6, but NOT with php5, for what i need it worked fine like without set up php5, so i never changed this.

Now, i'm out of my included bandwidth, so i try to set the "Multi Server Support", i set up, all work "fine", the flv is stored in the new server, and play fine, but...

I guess if i set up a new server, vshare will "share", 50% of user will load from original location, the same domain of my vshare installation, and 50% will load from the single remote server i have set up.

BUT, seems vshare, if is set up a remote server, simple use this remote server, without care to use also the "original" server...
    And keep load the flv from remote server, also if from admin panel i disable this server :evil:

Is this normal???

or maybe, work like this because i don't use PHP5? and in php5 vshare manage the multi server like i guess?

I need help, please.

to me seems little dumb i have each time to disable or enable the remote server each time i upload new videos, to make vshare play 50% of videos from remote server and 50% from "installation server" :lol:

maybe i have to set up also the "flvideo" directory as "remote server" to make vshare, share the bandwidth between the installation server (http://www.domainwhereisinstalledvshare.com) and the remote server?

Default Re: Multi Server Support need php 5.0 ??? + other info

Hello,

i found some infos very good here:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2648&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

And i do some upload tests.

What i discovered:

Normally if you set up for example 3 server, you do this because you want share the bandwidth consume between the 3 server, BUT vshare not want this :)
    vshare will choose to upload the .flv only in the last external server setup (and keep a copy in the original server, if you choose from admin - > misc info "not delete the original flv file" and i suggest you to set like this if you use external servers) and use the last one, PLUS also if later, disable the last external server, vshare will continue to load the videos uploaded in the last server, from the last server...

Now i understood, the external server don't do anything automatic... if i want to "share" the bandwidth between my installation server and another external server, i have to, manually, upload some new videos, with an external server setup up and active, and others, with external link disabled... little "naive" but i think will work.

Like this i will try to "share" the bandwidth consume :P

I hope to have help someone with this topic and if someone have better infos / know better vshare and i have write bullshit, please correct me.

Best Regards.